Eighth

Hyun Jae Han's POV

"Dad?" I said upon entering the room. He was on his desk with a pile of folders on his side. He looked quite busy for a president. I mean, half the time he's just playing golf with his peers, so this is quite new. 

"Jae Han, it's been a while," he said, setting down the folder he was holding. He smiled and motioned me to come closer. "Have a seat."

I sat down on the long couch in the middle of the room and he sat on the opposite side with a cup on his hand. I just got interrogated earlier by Soo Jung and Hae Young but why does it feel like I'm getting interrogated again?

"You must've heard by now why I sent you here." He said, drinking from his cup. Woah, this vibe is getting serious. 

"Yes, father," I replied. "Ji Hoon mentioned it was about switching schools." 

"For now, yes, I'm transferring you to Myun Jae," He stood up and started pacing the room. "because Ji Won will undergo grand renovations funded by my business partners. It'll make Ji Won an internationally acclaimed prestigious academy for the performance arts only for the ten percent of people who can afford to be there." 

"Aren't you being too avaricious? Ji Won by itself is already an extravagant institution and you're seeking to make it more and more absurd?"

"Nothing is too absurd in the name of business, child." He said, going back to his desk.

Business?! All he cares about is nothing but his stupid business.

"What about Kyung?" I asked. "Have you an idea where he is or what he's doing? You're just going to let him do whatever the hell he wants?"

His countenance became dour for a minute but eased. "We've talked, that boy, while you were gone studying. An irrational talk that ended into violence. I've no idea that he's changed so much in so little time. His peers..." He sighed.

"He got into bad company." I continued. "Jieun-nuna told me earlier."

He walked back to the couch in front of me and sat down. "He told me that he got a girl pregnant. At first, I was taken aback and scolded him for forgetting all that I have ever taught him. I then told him to abort the child as it could tarnish our family name. He said that he loved his new family and would never dare to kill his offspring. Of course, I was furious. So I told him to leave the house once and for all. I didn't mean it, thinking that he'd obey just like he always has."

I got speechless. I never knew it was this serious. My sister said it was just about partying and drinking, but this? I'm not sure I'm prepared to handle this situation.

"He said that if I didn't want him to have the child then he doesn't want to be in this family anymore." He sighed, pressing his forehead from the stress.

"You just let him go then?" I asked.

"That's what he wanted and I said yes, I've agreed to his freedom in the consequence of cutting ties with the family, revoking all his allowances, denying him inheritance, and to leave all the things I've bought for him here."

Shit. My heart ached. This situation is getting too much. My older brother is now gone and I haven't even seen his face for three years. I held my head as the pain started. I excused myself out of the room and ran to my bedroom. I tucked my body under the sheets and held my head under a pillow.

What the hell happened?

o - - - o

Noh Ji Hoon's POV

"You think he'll be okay?" I asked. Ji Eun and I have been talking at the living room, sitting at the couches, wondering how Jaehan'll take the news of his brother leaving his family. "I mean, he's quite sensitive that guy."