Chapter 6: Photos and Conversation

Awaking from my sleep, I noticed that the sun had begun to set below the horizon. Sighing softly I stretched and got out of bed, drawing the curtains together I took in the tattered holes and frayed edges, making a mental note to go into town and pick up new curtains. Turning away from the window I walked out into the hallway and downstairs, seeing my phone still on top of the boxes I grabbed it and checked the time...6:15 pm...I sighed once more and fell into the couch. God I wasted my entire day sleeping, Francis better have appreciated what I did for him..speaking of Francis.
"Hey Francis? Are you still around?" I called out into the air. I felt the air get a bit colder.
"Where else would I go? I'm trapped here." Hearing his voice from beside me I held back the action to jump, slowly but surely I'm getting used to his quiet pop-ups. Rolling my eyes I turned to him.
"I know that, I was just making sure if you're still..you know..." he raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms slightly.
"Still being a ghost and visible? I assure you, [Your Name], I'm still very much dead." Scoffing I got up.
"You know what I meant." Shaking his head gently he stood up as well.
"I apologize for making you sleep for so long, I didn't realize I took so much energy from you." I waved him off and shrugged.
"It's alright, it's not the worst that could've happened." Francis nodded. "Now if you don't mind, I'll be unpacking more before the sun completely dies down." Going over to the coffee table near the entrance, I grabbed the box cutter and made my way back to the boxes around and behind the couch. Cutting away at the tape and opening the sides of the box, I looked at the pictures that laid in there, wrapped in bubble wrap. Smiling softly I pulled out of the first one, reminiscing of the find memories that the picture captured. I felt Francis come up behind me and look at the picture as well.
"Who are they?" He asked. I pointed to the tall blond with a cowlick, framed glasses, baby blue eyes and a wide smile.
"That's my older brother, Alfred. He's a great guy, always cracking jokes and laughing." I moved my finger to the almost equally tall blond with wavy hair, half framed glasses and shy violet eyes. A small smile played at his lips. "And that's my second older brother, Matthew, he can be really shy and nervous but he's a great brother." I smiled more and looked at Francis. He was staring fondly at the picture.
"Do you have any more?" He asked after a few moments of silence. I nodded and picked up the box and sat back down on the couch. I pulled out a few more photos. The second one I pulled out was of my friends and I last year during spring break when we went to California for the two weeks. I pointed to the short, olive skinned, amber eyes and auburn hair with an odd curl swept to the left side of his head. A wide, opened mouth smile spread across his features.
"That's Feliciano, he's been a close friend of mine for a few years now." Sliding my finger to the shorter, darker auburn hair, amber eyes and with a curl that swept to the right. A scowl covered his features ma he had his arms crossed. Clearly displeased.
"That's Lovino, Feliciano's older brother. He's a bit stubborn and a smartass, but he's one of my best friends. I've know him the longest out of everyone in this picture." Francis nodded and I continued on explaining all my friends to him. I slid my finger past me and to the tall, buff blond with slicked back hair, a light smile tugging at his lips and clear blue eyes.
"That's Ludwig, a bit stern but still fun to be around. Lovino isn't the biggest fan of him.
"Why not?" Francis asked and I shrugged.
"I think it's for the fact that Feliciano and him are dating." Francis gave me an odd look and I shook my head. "Yes people are open about being gay in this century, calm yourself." Francis made a small noise of acknowledgement and nodded. I pointed to a shorter, but still tall, white haired, white skin and reddish violet eyes with a wide grin. A towel draped around his shoulders.
"That's Gilbert, Ludwig's older brother. He's egotistical but he's funny when he's not being crude. And before you say it, no he's not sick, he's albino." Francis nodded again, chuckling a bit at the fact that I knew what he was going to say. I pointed to a tall, almost as tall as Gilbert, long brown hair, green eyes and a wide, happy smile. She was leaning on Gilbert with her arms crossed.
"And lastly that's Elizabeta, she's been my best friend for a lot of years, not nearly as long as Lovino, but still pretty long. She's a lot of fun to be around and she's pretty badass too." I smiled and set the frame down and showed the next photo to him and the one after that. Almost an hour later and we got through the whole box, by that time the sun had set completely, the dim lights being the only thing illuminating the living area. Francis smiled at me sheepishly.
"I'm sorry about wasting your time." I smiled softly and shook my head.
"Don't apologize, I didn't mind it." Picking up a few of the frames, I walked over to the fireplace and set up the few that I grabbed onto the mantle, angling them neatly. Walking into the kitchen I grabbed a bottle of water, a small thing of fruit and a salad. Going back into the living area, I sat back on the couch and began eating. I glanced over and took notice that Francis was watching with interest.
After eating and cleaning up, I took a quick bath and got dressed into fresh pajamas. Sitting on the bed I brushed my hair free of knots, while Francis sat on the chair in front of the vanity.
"Thank you for spending time with me today, [Your Name], I appreciate it." Francis smiled and I did the same.
"Of course, you're pretty cool to hang with." Putting my brush down I put my hair into a pony tail and got underneath the covers.
"I shall see you tomorrow, mon cher." Francis smiled once more and disappeared. I stared at the space where Francis previously occupied. Smiling softly, I got comfortable and closed my eyes.
"Goodnight, Francis."