FOURTEEN - Surprise Visitor...Again

Above image is one of the many newly-released Marvel posters of Infinity War. To say I'm excited would be an understatement ;)

Hope you enjoy this chapter!

---

"They're not responding," Mantis fretted, staring at the screen.

"Try it again," Rocket suggested unhelpfully, picking a gun from the pile that lay haphazardly strewn around him. "Maybe the seventh time would work."

Peter groaned, "Why not just go there to find out for ourselves?"

Groot snorted as he spoke his infamous phrase. "I am Groot."

"Groot, be nice," Rocket chided, shaking an old polishing cloth at him. "Go sit in your quiet corner."

The teenage tree humanoid simply crossed his arms in reply, huffing as he dug out his video game. Seconds later, he was completely engaged and seemingly oblivious to everything around him.

"But he does have a point," Rocket continued. "Hot-shot's people fell to Thanos. Just imagine what he can do to us." The halfworlder mimicked a plane falling, crashing, and exploding; then played dead to prove his point.

"We stopped someone with an Infinity Stone before!" Peter protested, trying to convince the raccoon-like alien who stubbornly refused to sit up again.

"To be fair, he didn't really know what he was doing..." Gamora commented under her breath.

"And I've fought my biological celestial father before! And won!"

Rocket winced as Drax ribbed him with the hilt of his dagger, effectively resulting in the furry humanoid sitting up and attempting - in vain - to kick his rock-like shin.

"We could just take a look." Drax added, ignoring Rocket's grumbles. "Not that difficult. Besides, with me on your side you'll be bound to win. Remember that space monster I killed? We kicked some Abilisk butt!"

Drax motioned with his daggers for empathis.

"Together, we're pretty much undefeatable."

"I slit the Abilisk's neck. You jumped in its mouth." Gamora corrected, crossing her arms. Drax held up his blades, as if to say, See?

Rocket was still unconvinced.

Peter raised his hands, clearly tired of the banter and wanting to take action. "Hey, look: this is just a little errand, and don't forget one of us will be extremely familiar with Thanos' work. Any sign of him there, and we leave. But I completely understand if you don't have the balls for this -"

"I've got twice as many as you!" Rocket interrupted, his nose twitching at the baited insult. "But I would much rather some other choice that, I don't know, knocked at our window rather than have us go marching into a possible suicide planet-"

Thud.

All the guardians froze, turning towards the source of the noise.

"What was that?" Peter asked, subconsciously thumbing off the safety on his dual handguns. Groot raised his hand, obviously with an idea of who their newcomer was, but his companions didn't notice.

Drax raised his knives as the being of fault slowly crawled up to the fishbowl-like window of the Milano III, the light from the stars outside sillohouetting his form. Then slowly, he knocked three times.

The guardians stared at him, neither lowering their weapons nor relaxing their battle stance.

Well, all except for Groot.

Scorpioजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें