SIXTEEN POINT FIVE - Target

A/N

5/13/2018

5/13/2018

This is incredible. Thank you all so much!

Although I do have two chapters in the making, this bit acts as a filler for what someone else is doing in the universe - namely the crew of a titan with a capital T.

Enjoy!
---

Unknown POV

"WHERE IS HE?!" The bellow echoed through the warship, physically flattening my body against the wall. I winced against the cool metal, noticing my armour had gained a wide dent in the back from the impact.

Corvus Glaive and Proxima Midnight stood with their haughty postures rigid, staring down disapprovingly at me. But what frightened me the most was not their frowns, nor the dangerous spears at their sides - it was their weaponless companion, Ebony Maw; smirking maliciously as he raised his claw-like hands towards me.

"My Lord wants you to speak," He purred dangerously, "so I suggest you do." As if to prove his power, he flicked a finger and a decapitated body flew past in my periphery.

I trembled before the ghastly complexion of his face, wishing I had more than just my disabled armour between him and I. The telekinetic only grinned at my reaction, prompting me with a tap of a severed creature's hand. I shuddered.

"The-the device was embedded in his skin, it's powered by his life-source. It's connected directly to your receiver - and has never had a malfunction connecting to magicians in six centuries."

I cleared my throat, trying to regain my dignity. "A magician's dominant hand is his greatest weapon - the more one practices magic, the more they'll rely on storing their energies in it and the more their lifeline is connected to it. To remove that device, he must have amputated his hand, and for a magician as old as Loki, his own lifeline with it."

"And there were no other ways to remove the device?" Corvus questioned, his deep voice chilling my spine.

"N-no, sir. I'm sure of it. All the nanobots were installed while he was unconscious, inserted straight into his superficial palmar - the heart of his magic. The device was small enough to stay implanted under any circumstances but large enough to affect the nerves drastically if need be. Torture of any muscular kind is possible, as well as logging in to sight memory-"

"Quit parroting yourself, you are wasting our time." Proxima hissed impatiently, levelling her spear to my skull. Corvus caught her arm and shook his head.

"Not yet." He stated, talking to her yet staring at me.

"We did not hire you for advertisements." Ebony Maw displayed a row of neat teeth as he smiled sickeningly, as if amused by the thought. "We just need to know where he is - or where his body might be. After all, he does have the Tesseract in his hold, this time to find the sceptre he's lost and lead us to it. But he hasn't responded in three weeks, a sure sign of distress - or traitorism."