EIGHTEEN - Tordlyn

Amazing edit by Cantrous up above (it's become the theme song of Thor to me ever since I saw this video) >

Please VOTE, FAN, SHARE if you liked this chapter! Hope you enjoy :)

---

The pounding of rapidly approaching footsteps startled the group, reminding them that Thor and his comrades were supposed to be fugitives sentenced to a butcher's chamber. Meaning, they were supposed to be dead - and perhaps for dinner tonight.

"Down here!" Niroth whispered hurriedly, pulling aside the Bilgesnipe carcass and revealing a missing tile in the ground. "It will take you to the forges."

Peering down, Thor noticed a narrow, stair-like ladder leading to the dark cobblestones below. A pale, watery light flowed through the streaks of glowing ore in the walls, illuminating the path in the tunnels.

 A demanding racket of knocking rushed the trio, and they sprang into action - Rocket scampering down the steps first, followed by Groot and Bilbee, then Thor leapt to the floor below; opting not to use the stairs.

"Niroth! Het u die lendene gevind?" A dwarf bellowed through heavy oak.

Ignoring him, Nilab retrieved a rod-like object wrapped in albino leather and strapped it to his back. Communicating through a hustled combination of gestures, Niroth strode to answer the door whilst Nilab joined Thor's group in the tunnels.

Pulling the Bilgesnipe carcass over the hole in the ground, Nilab made his way to the front of the procession and began the short journey to the forges.

---

"I am Groot?" Groot asked conversationally as they walked, meaning, "So how do we use these forges?"

"The handle I have here, a bone from a maktigant, will be placed into a conveyor - which would then be brought to a chamber for sizing. The metal, once melted, will pour into a mould and create the blade; then be fixed with the molten core of the Dying Star and joined with the handle." Nilab explained, choosing a side as they reached a fork in the tunnels. Rocket opened his mouth to say something, but another voice interrupted him.

"With the correct name, the potential wielder of the weapon could summon his weapon and it would be his to command. Without, the weapon would rest at the bottom of the forges until the name is found." Niroth's voice sounded out as the younger dwarf caught up with the group.

"You two speak Groot?" Rocket managed to ask, surprised.

Niroth raised an eyebrow. "Problem?"

"No, not at all." Thor responded for the halfworlder, preventing Rocket from an instinctive, wounded ego-based reply. The furred alien grunted instead, and the trek continued in silence.

The procession climbed out from the glowing tunnel moments later, facing a massive, complex contraption of shining metals. Although the dwarves immediately took off to prepare the ordeal; their visitors had to take a moment to stand, captured, by the grand powerful aura that seemed to radiate from the forge.

"If you wish to live long enough to see your weapon, I suggest you join me and move out of the way!" Niroth called from above. 

Complying, Groot scooped Rocket and Bilbee beneath each arm, then easily grew his legs until he was over two stories high to join the young dwarf on his elevated platform. Thor decided to take the stairs instead, skipping ten dwarf-sized steps per bound as he sprinted up the incline.

Barely two seconds after they had all gotten out of the way did a massive chasm open in the floor, allowing a searing, golden light to roar out of its depth.