On Way Chicago

Emily pov

"The next morning, I was awoken by the steady hum of a truck engine. I slowly open my eyes, only meet them with beautiful light blue skye " You awake." Optimus spoke softly  catching my attention. I turned my head to face the dashboard and smiled softly " Yeah, I just woke up.sorry if I slept so long." I apologize,shifting my position to get more comfortable Optimus chuckled " It quite alright, the others are still asleep as we speak,Bumblebee as taken charge of your father whilst crosshair has taken charge of Shane and Tessa." He informed me, slightly increasing his speed along the road. I nodded my head in acknowledgement

"How long have we been driving?" I question turning back to look out the widow " Only for a couple of hours, we should reach Chicago by nightfall." He started, which I hummed in response. A comfortable silence fell over both of us as we continued to drive along, just enjoying each other company " Can I ask you a question Emily." Optimes mumble quietly almost as if he was afraid to do so. I nodded my head. " Sure, fire away."

"What was your life like before met me." He asked with a hint of nervousness to his voice. It surprised me really,why would the great Optimes Prime suddenly become nervous when asking about my life? I shrugged it off as nothing before speaking " Well, It certainly wasn't this interesting. It was simple life help my dad repair trucks and cars there and then the rest is history." I finished not once taking my off of the dashboard.

Optimes hummed in response before speaking again " It doesn't bother you that you're here now ? In a dangerous situation such as this." I thought for minute. Did it bother me? I wasn't sure, " I don't really know." I spoke quietly " Maybe a little bit, but I also feel safe knowing that you're around I guess..." I told him,blushing slightly at my own words. Wait,why am I blushing? Is there something wrong with me? Again Optimes hummed to signal his response before we fell into a less comfortable silence.

There was an unknown tension in the air, One neither one of us wanted to bring up. But it was there,and it was bothering me greatly. " I-I mean,I do feel safe with you around..i-it just I...nevermind,I Stop taking now." I stuttered burying my head in my hands in embarrassment.this time,a chuckle echoed throughout the cab,

" I understood what you meant Emily,there no need for further explanation." The prime snickered, to which I folded my arms over my chest in a pout." You could have told me that..." I whined, which only made Optimes laugh more. I'd never heard him laugh before,he was always so composed always looking like he meant business, so to hear this side of him, I'm guessing was very rare.

We fell into silence once more,with neither one of us wanting to disturb the other.but it look like someone had a better ideas.

" Hey bossbot, can I speak to Emily for a minute?these two kids are driving me crazy." Crosshairs complained, using the crom link to contact us both. I giggle to myself quietly whilst I heard Optimes sigh in annoyance

" Very well, go head." He responded which caused the bright green mech to sigh with relief " Oh thank God, Emily I need your help here." He started, obviously sounding either desperate, or just annoyed. " okay, what's wrong?" I Asked him " The children started making out in the backseat and I was feeling really uncomfortable, so told them to stop and they got angry at me and now they're yelling at me what do I do?" He spoke quickly,in a panicked tone. I couldn't help but laugh loudly, covering my mouth to try and deafen the sound " Oh my God you haven't told dad yet have you." I questioned still trying to stifle my laughter.

Crosshairs groaned " Uhh yeah, he's yelling at me too." You really shouldn't have done that." Yeah I regret ever saying anything." At this, Optimes chuckle in amusement and I smiled whilst shaking my head " I'm not getting involved crosshair,but tell them I said they can do whatever they want after all this is over.Oh and by the way,good luck." I snickered smiling to myself as the bright green bot sighed over the com link " Yeah thanks I'm going to need it."He grumbled

Before the croms want silent. I rolled my eyes and brushed stray strands hair from my face " Well,that was certainly...something." Optimes spoke awkwardly,revving his engine in emphasis I leaned forward and gently placed my hand on the dashboard " I don't think we need to worry about that Dad going grive them ear full when we get to Chicago." I winced before leaning back in my seat."

An amused hum come from Optimes,before the rest of the journey was continued in another comfortable silence without anymore unnecessary distraction