Volume 7: Pokémon Battles

Setting: At the gym

Ash and Korrina manages to arrive at the gym on time. They were panting heavily as they ran all the way here.
They can also see that there are many students inside the gym where Mr. Lance is explaining the basics, rules and regulations in pokémon battles.

Ash - Good thing we managed to arrive here on time, don't you think, Korrina?

Korrina - *panting heavily* Yeah...

Ash notices Korrina is panting heavily so he offered,

Ash - Here, have some water.

Ash raised his hand and he glowed blue. While raising his hand, a blue sphere appeared and a bottled water suddenly appeared. That caught the attention of the students and the teacher himself.

Random Girl #1 - Korrina sure is lucky. Having him makes her the luckiest girl in the world.

Random Girl #2 - Yeah...

With Ash and Korrina

Ash gave the water to Korrina, she took it and drank it.
After drinking, she said,

Korrina - Thanks, Ash.

Ash - Happy to help.

Korrina - By the way, where did you get a bottled water?

Ash - I summoned by myself.

Korrina was shocked and said,

Korrina - You summoned?

Ash - Yeah. Using my powers.

Korrina - Oh. Okay. That's amazing. She remarked.

Ash - I know. He said while smiling.

Mr. Lance - Are you guys done chatting? He suddenly said.

Ash - Oh right. Sorry about that, Mr. Lance. Please continue with your discussion. He said while bowing.

Mr. Lance - Good.

Then Lance proceed to his discussion with his students, listening intently to him.

After 20 minutes of discussion, Mr. Lance assigned Ash and Misty to demonstrate how to battle properly.

Referee - The battle between Ash and Misty will now begin! Both sides please release your first pokémon.

Misty - Gyarados, Let's go! She said while she threw her pokéball.

Out of the pokéball, the blue serpentine pokémon appeared in the battlefield and let out his usual battle roar.

Ash - Gyarados huh? Pikachu, let's go!

Pika then jumped away from Ash shoulder and landed in tbe battlefield with a striking pose.

Pika - Pikachu! (I'm ready!)

Referee - Pikachu vs. Gyarados, begin the match!

Ash - You may go first, Misty.

Misty - How gentleman of you, Ash but your gonna regret what you've done. Gyarados, Hyper Beam!

Gyarados then started to shoot a yellow-orange beam from his mouth to Pikachu.

Ash - Deflect it with Iron Tail. He said calmly.

Pikachu's tail glowed in metallic gray and he used it to deflect Hyper Beam back to Gyarados.

Misty - Oh no! Gyarados dodge it!

Gyarados successfully dodged the attack by ducking down and he notice that Pikachu is up in the air and Pika smacked him right to his face, dealing decent damage. (Gyarados' hp 90%)