Volume 9: Overcoming Fear

Setting: At Mount Silver

With all of their pokémon out of their pokéball, Ash and Korrina started to train themselves in order to prepare for the upcoming tournament at the Indigo Plateau.

Ash is there on the sides, meditating with his Lucario while Korrina is training her Lucario and the rest of her fighting pokémon. Ash's pokémon are also training with their sparring partners respectively.

After a while, Korrina told to her pokémon to take break first and she drank a bottled water and cleaning her face with a face towel.

Korrina saw Ash meditating with his Lucario. With a smile, she then joined him on his meditating session.

Ash's Lucario - 'Master, there is a presence nearby.' He said telepathically.

Ash - 'Who might that be?'

Ash's Lucario - 'Maybe it's your classmate, Korrina.'

Ash - 'Okay. Let her join on our meditation. It is also good for our health.'

Ash's Lucario - 'Right.'

After 30 minutes of meditating, they opened their eyes and stood up as their meditation is now over.

Ash - Alright, we're done.

Ash then saw Korrina and without hesitation, he reach out his hand, offering her to get up.

Ash - May I?

Korrina then take Ash's hand and said,

Korrina - Sure.

Ash then pulled her but it ended up with a one-arm hug.

Korrina's face suddenly heats up and she thought,

Korrina's mind - 'Oh my. Ash is so warm when we ended up in a hug.. This is amazing!! I wish it would never end.' She thought happily.

Ash's mind - 'So this is what we call a one-arm hug. I must say I really like it. Especially if I hug the person that I really love.' He also thought happily.

Their moment lasted for a minute, when they realized they are in an awkward situation.

Both of them stop that and looked away, blushing and flustered.

Ash - S-Sorry.

Korrina - N-No.. It's o-okay.

Both of them snap out of it and Korrina decided to change the atmosphere by asking some questions,

Korrina - I remembered something.

Ash - What is it?

Korrina - How come your pokémon can combine their powers by fusion? She asked.

Ash - Oh. It's because that while we are training like this, I am giving them Aura so that they can fuse when I told to do so. Since all of them already have that kind of Aura, there's no need for me to give anymore. He explained.

Korrina now understand why Ash beat her during their first meeting.

Korrina - Ah. So that's why you have defeated me when we battled for the first time and you executed that 'move'.

Ash - What move?

Korrina - Isn't it, Inferno?

Ash then remembered that and said,

Ash - Inferno is a fire type move that the user summons a geyser of flames that erupt from the ground. By igniting the user's fist on fire, the user needs to punch the ground hard enough to summon those fire geysers below the ground. It can cause massive fire damage to the opponent though. The attack power depends on how powerful the user's special attack. By the way, I am the one who invented that move. He explained.

Korrina - Seriously? You invented that move?? Very impressive. She said with wide eyes open.

Ash smiled on Korrina's comment.

Korrina - Then what is the move that you used last time?

Ash - I call it, "Devil's Trap".

Korrina suddenly shivered in fear as she heard the word, "Devil".

Korrina - D-D-Devil's T-T-Trap??? She said in fear.

Ash notices the fear on Korrina's face and he said,

Ash - Before I explained that, let me do this first.

Ash suddenly hugged Korrina to soothe her down.

Ash - *hugging Korrina gently* Look, there's no need to be afraid of. I'm right here. I'm right here. He said, trying to calm Korrina down.

Korrina hugged Ash back in response and she said,

Korrina - I don't why but when I hear that word, this happens to me. She admitted.

Ash then broke the hug and said,

Ash - Uh-huh. So you are afraid on the word, "Devil" huh? Don't worry, After I explain that move, I swear, I'm never going to use that move again. Is it okay with you?

Korrina looked directly on Ash's eyes and said,

Korrina - Promise?

Ash - Promise.

Korrina - Excellent. Okay Ash and thank you for calming me down.

Ash smiled and said,

Ash - Anytime, Korrina. Moving on, Devil's trap is a demon-type move that imprisons the opponent and it deals damage as time goes by. The opponent will be immobile because the opponent is imprisoned. The attack will stop if the opponent fainted. So you can say that, Devil's Trap is a finishing move. And since you are afraid on that, I will call that move from now on the, Forbidden Move: Ensare.

Korrina - Forbidden Move: Ensare. I like the sound of it.

Ash - Thanks. So anything that wants to be discussed befroe we proceed through out training??

Korrina - There is one more thing that I wanted to ask.

Ash - And what is it?

Korrina - When did you possess those kind of powers? You know the Telekinesis or something like that.

Ash - Oh that. A certain pokémon grant me that powers and I'm going to show you who did that to me.

Ash and Korrina then stood up and walked towards to The Creator of Everything and The Original One, Arceus.

Korrina was utterly surprised and shocked that the God of Everything granted a mere mortal some kind of supernatural powers.

Korrina - A-Are you saying that A-Arceus, the God of Everything granted you that supernatural powers?!

Ash - Yeah.

Arceus - Because he is my Chosen One, the title that I also gave to him. He suddenly spoke.

Korrina said,

Korrina - Oh okay. I understand why you granted Ash that powers.

Ash - If there's something you wanted to know about me or anything, just approach me, okay?

Korrina - Okay! She said in her usual energetic mood.

Ash - Shall we continue our Training?

Korrina - Yeah! She said excitedly.

And the preparation for the tournament continues...

To be continued...