Who needs folks? I've got friends.

Sky POV
I dreamed that Missy and I both got parts, but she didn't remember me, then she hated me. All I wanted was to get to know this girl, and she hated my guts. I woke up, and for the first time I was scared to get a part in the show. I realized how stupid that was, and snapped myself out of it. After seeing her yesterday, I couldn't help but think that she would remember me. I looked at my clock. It read 6:56. I might as well get up and out of bed. I hopped in the shower, then made myself a healthy hearty breakfast of room service. I spent the morning vegging out on my bed watching mindless YouTube videos and reality shows. I wanted to get out for lunch, so I went in the closest place I saw. Left that almost immediately because the cheapest meal was almost $20. Yeah, no. That wasn't happening. I went into an In-n-out, and got a double double. Always a good idea.
I explored the city near my hotel because I wouldn't be able to find my way back unless I did so. I did that for the rest of the day. I went back to my hotel. I hopped in the pool and hot tub before I made myself some dinner. I had been in the hot tub for a little while when my phone. I jumped out and dried off as quickly as I could. I answered.
"Hello."
"Hello, is this Sky Flaherty?"
"Yes, this is he." I said sitting down on one of the pool chairs.
"Well, we are pleased to tell you that you have been cast in the broadway production of Newsies." I covered my mouth, then ran my fingers though my hair.
"Really?" I said in disbelief.
"Truly. Now, you are needed for practice at 8:00 a.m this Saturday. Will we see you there?"
"Yes, yes, you absolutely will! Um, thank you. Thank you, so much!" The caller ended the call, and I was left in the pool, with my mouth hanging open. My phone slipped out of my grasp, and I had to scramblers grab it before it fell in the pool.
I jumped up, and tried to not run to my room. Screw dinner, I was having celebratory ice cream. I changed into some jeans and a tee shirt and jacket. Saturday was three days away. I couldn't wait.
I looked up any ice cream places, and I saw that there was a Baskin-Robins a couple blocks away, so I walked there. I was waking a lot today. Hopefully, I wouldn't be tired on Saturday.
I ordered a cone with three different flavors. One flavor squished into the cone, the other two stacked above the cone. I must have looked giddy or something. The elderly man that was serving me kept looking at me with an almost amused look. He handed me my ice cream and as he did so he said
"Now, why are you so happy young man? You get a girlfriend?"
"Oh no, no girlfriend," I grabbed my cone. "I got a part in a show." I said beginning to eat it.
"Really, what show?" He said placing his hands on the counter and leaning on it.
"The Broadway production of Newsies,"
"Really, me too," A voice came from the corner behind me. A boy a little younger than me, cane forward also holding an ice cream cone. "I guess you and I had the same idea," he said gesturing to our matching cones.
"Yeah, I guess."
"I'm Ben, I'm going to play Race." He said shaking my hand.
"Nice, you must be good then. I'm Sky. Playing-" I stopped. "I don't know who I'll be playing. Guess I'll find out Saturday." He laughed. We sat at a table together, ate our ice cream, and shared stories and laughs for the rest of the time. We had to get shooed out by the kind server, whose name we learned to be Doc. We said our goodbyes, and went our separate ways. At least I knew I would have a friend come Saturday.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: May 16, 2018 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

I Never Planned On No One Like Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें