Spring Day - Pt.2

Series: chapter 1; bonus
Word count: 1211
AU: Greek Mythology (-ish)
Author: @8moon2stars on AO3
Additional information: goddess!Wendy, mortal!Irene

➿➿➿

In a universe where gods and humans graze against each other but never really touch, the threads of fate pull Wendy and Irene into an inevitable crash.

➿➿➿

[On the corner of first and Amistad...]

I was only running on an hour of sleep that day, as I had been studying intensively for my statistics class the night before.

I didn't know if I just wasn't looking or if I was looking but seeing through everything in my path, but because of whatever it was, I bumped into you.

You held both of my arms in order to steady me, and I couldn't look away from your eyes.

I would always say that I immediately knew you were different, but you never believed me.

But really.

It – you – scared the living shit out of me, so I quickly bowed my head and left you standing on that busy street corner.

And I didn't know if I dreaded or hoped to see you again.

[You know I'm not so good with words...]

Surprise was the first emotion I felt when I saw you again at the library. I almost jumped right out of my chair, to be quite honest.

You were looking so cool, reading a book about Greece, and you had the college student look down to a tee.

I may have glanced at you at the corner of my eye far too many times that it was almost rude.

It's safe to say that I didn't get a lot of studying done that day.

When you sat in front of me the next day, I had a mental battle with myself for about half an hour.

I wasn't good with words. I chose them too carefully sometimes that they almost always sound scripted, which then increased my anxiety even further.

But I shyly took a chance that day.

And we ended up talking for hours, closing the library down with our timid-yet-warm conversations echoing through the walls, pounding through my heart.

Did you know how comfortable you made me?

Like a soft, warm hoodie and a cup of hot chocolate during a cold, rainy day.

Wendy, you said your name was.

Mine, was all I heard.

[A kiss that softly melts like caramel...]

Who would have thought that I would make the first move?

Not me. Probably not you, either.

Yet I pulled you in, because you were teasing me and it was so annoying but so alluring that I just.