XXVII : Ice

I am not afraid anymore, standing in the eyes of the storm.
Ready to face it, dying to taste it. Sick sweet and warmth.

.
.
.

Parker's pov

A lady, i don't know the name of walked towards me with a big smile, showing off her white teeth, that was the moment I realized i need my assistant to whisper who the hell she was.

It was most of the time Nora, but we all know what she did, so now it's (Y/n), which disappeared already.

"Hi, it's nice to see you again." I played it smoothly, she went for my hand and held it like a diamond.

"Mr Parker! We were the only two who believe in you from the beginning, we know those were false charges!" She showed me her husband, Mr Something I don't remember. "You are a good man, we knew it, we were on your side!"

I would be an idiot to believe that, nobody believed in me or anything, everyone is easily convinced by the media, i faked a smile at them. "Thanks for coming."

She was dying to make more conversation but I pretend that I had something to talk with Thor who just walk passed.

"Excuse me. Thor! About the charity!"

I waited until we walked far from them enough then just stopped and sipped wines.

"What charity?" Thor didn't get it, he was still very confused.

"Nothing. Just--- have you seen (Y/n), when did she even sneak away?"

"I saw her walked out of the car with you and said hello to us then that's it, what is going on between the two of you? I don't want to be a nosy god eh, but i can sense it."

"She brought me out of jail, by herself, can you believe it?"

"Oh? Great." Thor smiled.

"Then she wanted us to end, like she doesn't love me no more."

"Oh? Bad." Thor twisted his blonde brows.

"But i'm not a good person, so i'm forcing her to be with me."

"Oh..?" He stopped, deciding if he should add 'Great' or 'Bad'. "Not so good not so bad." He said.

"Thanks for taking care of her mother back then." I said, still looking around to find her.

"It's alright, all i did was take her to safety, you know? I tried to make it...."

I didn't catch what Thor said after then as my eyes noticed T'Challa and (Y/n) were laughing together, all sounds was replaced by this disturbing noises.

I didn't know what to curse, i was confused, (Y/n) has never been a talkative type of person before or now, so why the hell is she smiling at that cat the way she used to smile at me?

I almost jumped up the stairs in my super strength speed and rushed to the second floor's balcony, I walked in the scene and all she did was glanced over and smile politely once then looked away.