Chapter 6

"Have you gotten laid yet or what?" Nathan asked, his dark brown eyes focused on Ashton as the other jock was busy at his locker. Ashton tensed up, teeth finding the inside of his cheek as he relaxed again, pushing another book into his locker before closing it, glancing at Nathan. "He isn't that easy."

"So? You just need to get him in bed, really. And prove it, obviously, but that's the side dish." The blond waved his words away, eyes still focused on Ashton. "I want you to finish it off by the end of the dance, no later. The day after we want the story and proof or you lose. Oh, and we've upped the bet. It's two hundred at stake now."

Ashton pursed his lips, keeping from glaring at the shorter jock that winked at him. "Fine. I'll convince him to go to the dance with me and do him afterwards. Easy as that."

Nathan grinned then, patting the other's shoulder. "That's my man. I knew you could do this."

With a soft shake of the head, Ashton turned and walked off, glad to leave the blond jock behind him. His mind immediately went to Michael, wanting to find the dark haired, shy boy, a soft smile subconsciously appearing on his face. The bet was benefiting him more than he could ever have imagined.

Michael was at his own locker, switching out his books and nodding his head softly to the music coming from his earbuds. He was so unfocused on the surroundings, that he jumped once a hand fell down on his shoulder. He was able to keep in a soft squeak though, head snapping up to see whose hand was on his shoulder.

Once his eyes met with a hazel pair, Michael felt himself relax a little, focusing back on his books, but pulling out one of his earbuds so he could hear Ashton talking. Something he rarely did for others, so he nearly told Ashton to feel special. But the jock would undoubtedly use that comment to feed his own ego and Michael didn't need that. Not now Ashton was finally acting like himself around him. Or what he figured was Ashton's real self.

"Good morning." Were the first words to leave Ashton's mouth, directed towards Michael. The dark haired boy pushed the last of his books into the right place, before facing Ashton, giving him a soft smile. "Hi."

A soft chuckle left Ashton, his hand falling down and for once, his arm staying by his side instead of wrapping around the other's shoulders. "How are you feeling today?"

Michael closed his locker, eyes staying locked with Ashton's as he thought about the question honestly. It had been a few days since he had shown the jock his tree house and ever since that day, Ashton would greet him in the morning and ask him how he was feeling that day. And when it had been the weekend, Michael had received texts instead. It warmed his heart to know Ashton made such an effort.

"I'm good, thank you." Michael replied, the same soft smile still on his face. The answer seemed to satisfy the jock, who nodded softly and took the time to lean against the lockers beside Michael's. "I'm happy to hear that. Someone as handsome as yourself shouldn't need to feel down."

The world paused for a short moment, as Michael felt his breath hitch, hands holding the books he had gotten tighter. Was that an actual attempt of flirting, coming from Ashton Irwin? A genuine attempt, at that, because it sounded so much different from the stupid flirty things Ashton used to say when they first got to know each other. Like comparing Michael to Gerard Way. Which, honestly, was mostly a compliment in Michael's eyes. He just didn't like the idea of being called old.

"What?" Michael managed to splutter out eventually, his eyes big and focused on Ashton's face. The jock didn't seem to realise the effect he was having on Michael, simply grinning this stupid grin of his. His words were cheeky, making Michael realise that Ashton wasn't near done with the flirting either. "You heard me, princess."