Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Leo absolutely detested these parties. He hated the false pretense that everyone was under. Pretending to be interested in each other, just so they can acquire the newest piece of gossip, when in reality they were interested in no one but themselves.

His brother was the social butterfly, who often held these extravagant parties. Maximillian pointed out that, these parties are important to keep the old clients happy, and rope in some new clients. Unfortunately Leo had to agree.

These social events were in close correlation to the rise in profits. As Max liked to say, when the clients are happy they don't mind putting in more money.

He had been here for twenty minutes and he was already bored out of his mind. His latest mistress was off designing for one of the most sought out fashion shows of the year. So tonight he was riding solo, and he didn't like it one bit.

Grabbing the nearest champagne flute he shrugged off from the wall he was leaning again and decided it was time to socialize.

He moved fluidly across the marble floor, cautiously avoiding women with their eyes set on him. He enjoyed women. Yes. But he was a one woman at a time type of man, and right now he had a woman who was willing to warm up the bed for him later tonight.

Setting his gaze on a balding man, he strut forward.

"Bill Winston." Leo said reaching out his free hand to the slightly chubby man.

The man smiled, and reached for Leo's tan, rough hand.

"Mr. Constantinides, glad you see you were able to make an appearance tonight. After talking to Max, I was under the impression that you wouldn't be able to make it."

He skimmed the crowd. There were a lot of familiar faces, and a few unfamiliar ones. But overall the crowd was the same as always.

He had much more important things to do than come to this party tonight, but he did for his brother. His sister was six months pregnant now and he was still seething for revenge. Remus Quintin's company began to crumble slowly, and Leo was proud of how he mange to do it.

His PI team hadn't been very successful in tracking down the daughter yet. It was almost as if she had disappeared from the face of earth. Each passing day that went by without him finding her, the more restless he got. For god's sake he hired the best damn PI company in the nation, maybe even the world.

Where ever Isobel Samuel was, she was doing an excellent job of staying hidden.

He turned his attention back to the man in front of him, just as he finished saying, "... it's always a pleasure to see you at these things. It is amazing how much you care about your clients." Leo smirked internally at the presence he was giving. In truth he did care about his clients, but this was not how he would have liked to show it. If Max hadn't forced him, he would never have set foot in this place.

"Well my clients are what keep my business running so treating them well is just a way to appreciate them." Leo told the man sipping on his champagne.

"Brother!" A heavy hand fell on Leo's shoulder. Max was just as tall as his older brother but their features and personalities couldn't be more different.

"Maximilian." Leo nodded towards his brother who draped an arm across Leo's shoulder.

"Glad you could make it Leonidas." The younger of the Constantinides men said smiling brightly at the older one.

They both gave their brief goodbye to Bill and moved away from the crowd to a deserted corner of the grand ballroom.

"I didn't really have much of a choice now did I?" Leo questioned sarcastically.