Chapter Eighteen

Amy's POV

Never, in a million years, did I ever think I'd be stuck on a damn volcano looking for something so mere as a letter. I didn't even think I'd go anywhere outside of Indiana until Saul found me and we met up with the Guns people. Then we actually thought we could find one of our parents, so we went over to Europe and Africa, where I thought we'd be caught forever. Then, by what was most likely pure luck, we were found by the Mötley crew. And here we were, in Japan, on Mount Fuji. I wasn't complaining- a chance was definitely better than nothing- but I never thought I'd end up where I was.

"Fuck," Saul grumbled, standing up and dusting off his jeans. "Is everyone okay?" There were low groans of yes, except for one muffled cry. "Guys!" Someone shouted from underneath their parachute. "Help me outta here!" Laughing a bit, Nikki ran over and untangled the parachute, revealing a disoriented Tommy. "Damn mountain. I tripped on landing." Bayley went over to him and hugged him tightly. "Baby, are you okay?" She asked, reluctant to let go. Tommy smiled softly and rubbed her back, nodding. "Yeah Bay, I'm alright. Just a bit out of it now." She smiled back and cuddled her head into him, closing her eyes.

Although Duff and Steven gushed over Tommy and Bayley together, Mick opted to ignore the happy couple and asked, "So, where the hell do we start? We have a whole damn mountain, no safety equipment or means of long-distance communication, and God knows how long until that Lucifer asshole gets a lead on our parents' whereabouts." Nikki sighed. "I'm not sure how you want to do this other than splitting up. You know we'll never get anywhere otherwise." Suddenly, Vince snorted and pointed in the distance. "Maybe we don't have to, Sixx. Look down there." Off in the distance, seemingly coming from the side of the volcano, was a a steady stream of smoke. "Well," Kat mused with a small sigh, "It's worth a try, isn't it?"

So, we began to walk. The whole way there, the moon seemed to bear down on Japan like a guardian. Since we flew from Europe to Japan, it turned to night. After around ten minutes of walking in a somewhat comfortable silence, Jeff thought aloud, "Where do you think our parents are?" Alice smiled. "I think they're probably somewhere exotic.. South America?" Vince grinned. "I think they're in Australia." Grace raised an eyebrow at him. "Why?" He shrugged. "I dunno, sis. I just do." Duff chuckled at him. "Maybe they're just settling down somewhere. London, maybe." Steven shook his head. "Nah, Duffy, that's too plain. They're too wild for that anyway."

Pamela turned to me. "Amy, what do you think?" I shrugged. "One crazy theory I've always had was that they were in the old Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame. The remains, anyway. But then I figured that the government would've found them by then. How about you, Pamela?" She smiled dreamily, gazing up at the moon. "I think they're in a far away place. Somewhere no one else can find unless they were shown." Tommy smiled and ruffled her hair. "Ahh, Pammie, what a dreamer you are." Pam nodded and smiled confidently. "Yes, Thomas, I am. Proudly." Vince smiled softly and kissed her cheek, putting an arm around her waist.

As we got gradually closer to the smoke's starting point, I noted a light coming from the potential cave, which in my mind meant one thing. We were about to walk into the fiery clutches of death and fall into a pit of magma. But, Grace, Kat, and Alice skipped on over to it like it was the safest situation in the world. However, when they got to the entrance of the cave, they stopped. "Guys..." Grace whispered loudly, "C'mere!" So, curiously, we did. When I stopped at the edge of the opening, my jaw almost hit the floor. There was a small fire, hence the smoke, with a tea kettle of pre-made tea hanging above it, heating. There was a twenty-four set of tea cups and mini plates beside it, and behind the fire, a monk. He was in a position of meditation, and looked all too focused. In all honesty, I was a bit creeped out.

No one really knew what to do. We say there rather blankly, simply watching the man. His breathing was practically silent, and the constant bubbling of magma drowned out any sound for the most part anyway. Everything seemed rather calm. We just watched the man in silence, not daring to move. Suddenly, however, his eyes snapped open. I actually expected him to yell at us for intruding or for him to ask how the hell we got up to where he was in the first place. Instead, he smiled softly, as if we were old friends, and asked, "Would anyone like some tea?" Alice, of course, was the one who nodded and graciously agreed to drink what the monk was offering. He happily handed her a cup, proceeding to pour some out for the rest of us. We all took it without question. It tasted rather bitter, but I grew to the taste rather quickly.