Chapter 1: Debauchery

The morning couldn't come any sooner, as birds are chirping their sweet songs, and I smell breakfast from the kitchen that my dad attempted to make. I was still utterly terrified of today and wish I could just go back to bed and wake up already a freshman starting the new year. "I can't stay in my cave forever" I told myself, so I sat up, swung my legs over to the side, and groggily got out of bed stumbling like a newborn deer. "I wonder what I should wear later to the party, Ruby said we should meet at his house at around 7,"
"maybe I should wear the new dress I got a couple weeks ago, maybe Cesar would like it-" God! There I go talking about Cesar again, I can't help it.

Hi, my name is Monsé Finnie and I am undoubtedly in love with my best friend Cesar Diaz.

I have no idea when this started to happen, okay nevermind I totally do. It was one day in like 6th grade when he had that trash girlfriend Amber, the whitest girl on Freeridge.
She loved Cesar, but when Cesar wasn't aware; she bullied Jamal, Ruby, and I. Calling us hood trash, I; nothing but a gangster whore, Jamal a disappointment to his family, and Ruby a lowlife goodie goodie that will never be a man. We tried to play it off everyday because we saw how happy she made Cesar, being with Amber made him forget being apart of the gang, made him forget his brother Oscar. Alas, one day I'm pretty sure it was on a Friday movie night at Ruby's house and Cesar went to use the bathroom. As soon as he left Amber was already on our asses spewing every bit of hatred a 5' 5'' stick thin, blonde hair, blue eyed girl could have. We all took it silently waiting for her to stop, but it didn't. We were all scared and emotionally abused until finally Amber stood up from her chair and walked toward me, I remember looking at her like a doe in headlighs, I saw her real back her fist and I braced for impact, closing my eyes waiting for something to happen, moments pass and I start to get really confused. That's when I looked up, not expecting to see Cesar infront of me holding Amber's fist in his giant hand. Amber looked petrified and started crying uncontrollably, I was thinking she finally broke and was gonna come clean but nope, she tried for a final time to save her own ass by lying to Cesar that I was threatening her life and her family and that I already swung first and she needed to defend herself. Cesar then looked at me while I could glance up and see Amber continue to fake sob while giving me a sly smirk; but Cesar immediately whipped around to Amber, slapped her which stunned the whole room even more, threw her puse towards her, and told her to get out. To which Amber questioned why she was being forced to leave when it was clearly our fault. To which Cesar screamed with rage. A lot like his brother Spooky.

"GET. OUT!"

The whole room flabbergasted again, including Amber, she then picked up her pure, turned around, and left for the door. As soon as she opened the door and put one foot outside, she turned around, looked directly at me and said "you'll never be nothing more than a gangster slut for everyone here on Freeridge" to which Cesar responded by throwing a can of open Coke at her getting all over her new designer clothes. She left angrily; Jamal and Ruby both came over to where I was and started to hug me, while Cesar stood up in front of us and said "I heard all she said, I always have: and every time I was ready to breakup with her but I saw how you wouldn't want me to do that, I saw the way you looked at me... all happy; but as soon as I came out of the bathroom and I saw her about to punch Monsé, I couldn't take it anymore." Cesar then looks directly at me when he spoke again, "you are to precious for this worlds cruelty, I will never let any darkness taint you hermosa, you'll always be under my protection." The other boys didn't think nothing of it, but I- but I did, my heart beat a thousand times per minute and I just stared at I'm in awe, finally realizing... damn, I'm in love with him. Then the rest of that 6th grade Friday night was Jamal and Ruby making fun of the movie we're watching while I was stealing glances at Cesar everytime I could, and everytime I did he met my eyes all the time.
Ugh, I'm such a mess with my emotion and feelings, ew. I thought to myself. Cesar would never date a girl like me, I have no tits, no ass, no hips, no curves, and I dress like a bum most of the times and still wear trainer bras. I'm no glamour girl, I am just me. Just Monsé. I'm pretty sure I said that part aloud because I overheard someone behind me say

"yeah and I'm just Cesar, but no one is complaining."

Shoot, it was Cesar at my window, I probably look like a crazy old lady talking to myself, to which I probably said aloud again because cesar responded with "not an old lady I'd say, but yeah the crazy part sounds about right." I sigh defeated and went over to let him in by unlocking the window, Cesar climbed in and smiled at me with his award winning smile and I stood there dumbfounded by his chocolate twinkling eyes.

"Hey, you know you could take a picture? It lasts longer, but I don't mind having you check me out either so do as you please" Cesar said playfully.

"W-what? I was absolutely not checking you out. You flatter yourself if you think I'd even give you a thought." The truth was I really did, I just can never tell him. Like I said before, he'd never go for a girl like me at all.