A wish once granted

The dark and swirling of ash was what he saw as his house burned to the ground. His parents, siblings and grandparents all going up into a fiery blaze. The scent of blood and smoke staining his nostrils like acid.
The boy in question was 5, barely old enough to fully understand what was happening. That was his first vivid memory of pure horror. He had almost forgotten.. until his gaze met the sprawling flames that roared through his high school. Tearing through walls and burning people to husks. The screams of both students and teachers echoing through the hazy air, burning themselves into his memory, But the flames consumed them and their cries.
The boy tossed aside a empty tank of fuel and continued to walk into the woods behind the school, thus beginning his life as a outcast. A ghost of what he should be. A dead man walking... for dead is what everyone believed that he was.

Why did he burn down his school? Why did he fake his death?  To draw on a source he had once seen dancing among similar flames,

The boy had made a pact the day he burned his future. He had sought out this ancient demon ever since he discovered its existence all those many years ago. The arc demon of flame.. was offered a entire school full of souls.
The boy knew that confronting the demon without a offering would be a certainty death and he was absolutely correct. In fact it wasn't the souls that saved him when he confronted the ash bringer. The demon was amused that such a innocent looking schoolboy could burn away all his friends just to speak to a demon that nobody mortal should know existed. He was intrigued, and thus decided to play along.

The boys request was simple: make my life a happy one.  The demon gave a evil grin and spoke in a gravelly voice that held the power and texture of a roaring fire.  He agreed to the boys terms and gave him his blessing. But before the accord was struck the demon told the boy that the price for the wish would be paid in pain, "perhaps it's too much for a young lad such as yourself can handle" the demon coaxed, testing his new amusement.  The boy laughed harshly and left. "No pain can phase me, and no words can bite" The demon grined a skeletal smile and vanished into the smoke that rose ever higher into the innocent blue sky.

To be continued.

Well here's my latest update lol be prepared for a two parter!
Thanks for reading!