Lifeguard of demise

This is one of the rare- comedy/ fun addition to this story. But I assure you, the rest will be twisted, evil, depressing horror.
Enjoy

It all started at a pool in south Texas.
The day was a bright sunny one, with a heat index of well over the double digits.
In fact it was so hot, heat waves were visible wafting over the cement foundation that surrounded the pool. Now the pool itself wasn't that special. It was a rectangular tub of water, 15 meters wide, 5 feet deep, 25 meters across. It was what is known as a "zero gravity pool" for certain sides had no edges, allowing the water to freely spill over the side and into a filter system.

At this pool there were say, three families, three mothers, three fathers, seven kids. Not too crowded. Of course the absence of "no lifeguard on duty" signs had to imply that someone was watching out for the swimmers right?

Sure enough, on the far edge of the pool, hidden in the cool shadows of a umbrella, was what appeared to be a lifeguard. On closer inspection it seemed, he was a "monitor" he got up a few minutes after I noticed him and walked around a bit before stopping beside the bush I was hiding in. I leaned forward a little to see what his face looked like but couldn't quite see! Cautiously I leaned closer...

I went to work that morning with a less then enthusiastic attitude. Heck, I was starting to hate getting up at 8:00 and pulling 13 hour shifts. It just seemed so stupid. Couldn't they divide the shifts? That seemed the smart option, But no, the corporate side of the company voted to keep things simple. Damn them.

When I arrived I unlocked the gates and restrooms, as well as the equipment I would need for that day. Such as AED (automated, external, defibrillator) backboard, and oxygen.

I set up in my usual spot under the umbrella at the far side of the pool, pulled out my laptop and started watching a movie. It was a really good one, filled with monsters and magic hobbits. When the movie ended I looked up, the pool had gotten a little more crowded then it had been when I showed up. I counted the people and was surprised. Interesting, more then ten people here on a week day was odd, but yet, more then twenty people were now floating around lazily in the water. Some of them didn't even seem the type. There was a group of buff dudes with shades talking in the closest corner to me, a group of teenagers playing volleyball over to the left, and a bunch of kids with their parents.

Hm.. I got up and started to do routine maintenance, checking the chemical levels etc. When I noticed a glint in the bushes out of the corner of my eye.

I turned to look, suspicious, and as I peered into the dark shrubs a hand suddenly poked out of the bushes and gave me the middle finger.
I took and step back and laughed. "How rude!" I said playfully. Then unsure of what to say next I walked back to my spot under the umbrella, looking back over my shoulder at the bushes as I went. The hand pulled itself back into the bushes.  I looked back at the pool. One of the buff guys with the shades was looking at me, then back at the bushes. I gave a dry smile and looked down at some paperwork.

I looked back up a minute later and the shade dudes were getting out of the water. They walked over to their stuff and pulled shirts on. I looked back at my paperwork and waited for them to start walking to the exit. But to my surprise, when I looked up two of them were standing in front of me. "Um? Can I help you?" I asked, trying my best to sound casual and not nervous. "Hello, I'm with the FBI, im afraid you're going to have to come with us for now." The guy in lead said holding up his badge. He wore a green and black dye shirt.
As he looked at me, I noticed the others in his band were looking around in the bush the hand had come from cautiously. 
I smiled at the first guy hesitantly. "What's this about man? No offense but you hardly seem like FBI agents." "Im afraid that's classified information, now please, theres a car out in the parking lot." The way he spoke was no nonsense, As if they wouldn't accept refusal kindly.
"Let me call my parents first" I lied, I was actually going to call the police.
"I'm afraid I can't let you do that." He replied "I reached for my phone quickly but froze as the guy behind him pulled a gun out of somewhere, and I hoped to God that he didn't pull it out of his swim trunks.