The Ugly Truth

(You just wan't to hug Emily through this chapter, or at least I did. My story's almost coming to an end guys :( .. hope you like this part<3)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Ugly Truth

The next few weeks drove by reasonably fast. Mr Radcliffe spent each and every second he could with Emily. He felt more protective over her than ever before, and Emily took pride in this. Emily barely spoke of what happened to her, and Mr Radcliffe took closure in that. He couldn't bear anymore of it. Anymore of the disgusting details which happened to her, her nightmares... anything. Although, Emily was fully aware that she would have to return home as soon as possible, and return back to school.

"I don't want to go back!" Emily grunted to Mr Radcliffe, whom was silently reading a book in his chair.  

"I don't want you to back either, but you have to, it's the law."  

"Who cares about the law. The law also states that teachers aren't allowed to have relationships with their students, you broke that one."  

"I'm sorry Emily. It's not like I'm taking joy in this... however, you've only got a few weeks left and that's you, school will be over."  

"And does that mean that it'll just be the two of us? You and I, that's it?"  

"Of course, you and I." Mr Radcliffe said to her in an exceptionally quiet tone.  

"What if everyone knows?" Emily sighed, mentally slapping herself for speaking without thinking.  

She stared at Mr Radcliffe who had folded his book with this thumb, and was staring hard at her for a few moments. He had dreaded hearing that very line. Hearing that she too feared for what the others would make of her. Neverless, if people did find out like Emily fears, then there could be a downside to it. Emily would be expelled from high school, and he fired.  Which meant they would truly be together, wouldn't it?

"Then everyone knows Emily. I mean, you never know, you could be expelled and unable to attend back, and I fired. Still, I do not think that sacrificing you education was ever an appealing idea."  

"I'm not sacrificing it, like you said, I've only got, like what? Two weeks to go. What day is it today?" Emily asked, cupping her hand over the light bruising on her cheek bone.  

"It is... Wednesday."  

"Then I shall return home tomorrow, Thursday." And with that, Emily walked away into her room and began packing.

Packing her suit case took longer than she thought, and she began thinking over what people would say to her now that they knew. Whore? Surely not! Emily's no whore... is she...? No! Paul. Oh god, Paul. What would he do? What would Ruby and the others think of her? Her parents. Fuck. What would her parents think of he now?

Before even letting her mind stride as far as what her parents would think of her, Emily sat back against her bed, her legs folded and she clasped her hands around her knees. What Emily was doing now, where Emily was now, for those few seconds, was just a taste of what her future could and WILL be like with her Alex! Just the thought of that made Emily's fears of what people would think of her evaporate and leave her superfluous in an enchanting, refreshing and in love sort of way...

Mr Radcliffe pulled up at Emily's drive way. He turned to her, eyes full with affection, hers full with fear. He wanted to ask, are you going to be ok, but he couldn't. He knew she wasn't going to be ok... she knew that she wasn't going to be ok. He didn't know what to say or do, he just watched Emily, full with consternation, step out from his car and walk graciously towards her front door.