A Student and Teacher's Happily Ever After.

(OH MY GOD, can't believe it. I'm gutted. It's basically finished. 10/08/2010 at 01:24am. I'm 99% sure I'm finished with this. It's one of those endings where I could leave it where it is, or return to it and add more... but I'm rather pleased with the ending and think that my short story is good where I've left it. Thanks, and, please enjoy<3])

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Student andTeacher's Happily Ever After.

It was first a Thursday when Emily had planned to return to school, but after the slight ... unfortunate understanding with Emily and her parents, Emily decided she'd wait until Friday until her existence appeared back at school. Yes, everything was happening fast and Emily was rushing into things, but she just wanted to get it over and done with. She wanted to get the name callings, the looks, everything over and finished with so she could return home and finally she'd have no more fears. But things weren't as straight forward as Emily's confused little mind had her believe.

She did as she said to Mr. Radcliffe; she went to school on the Friday.

Emily closed Mr. Radcliffe's passenger door, and realised that he was right by her side. The crowded pupils gawked and whistled as Mr. Radcliffe and Emily walked by. They stared at them, the ones younger than Emily taunted her and called her a 'slag' while the ones the same age as her just whispered to eachother and never moved aside for Emily.

When they crossed by the crowd glaring at the school gates, where Emily would normally have stood also, everything went silent. It was so degrading and awkward passing all her friends. Only Ruby was the one who looked at her kindly, and moved aside for her. Dearest Ruby, thought Emily. She'd always be her best friend. Always.

Finally, when Emily was in the school grounds, her day continued to be as taunting and degrading than ever. Her first four lessons were accompanied by her so called friends, asking why she did it, why him, and that she was a slut. Emily still hadn't seen Paul... Taking the looks, the names and the pushes into consideration, it was nothing compared to how Emily had feared.

Ruby directed Emily in the toilets at lunch time, after she ate her lunch. Ruby cornered her inside one of the girl's cubicles. Ruby closed the door behind her, and looked at Emily's startled face. But without delay, Ruby's arms draped around Emily and they both cuddled in silence, before it was broken with Emily's weeping.

"I'm so sorry, Emmy! This doesn't change anything," Ruby whispered, rocking Emily from side to side. "You'll always be my best friend, and I don't care what they say." Ruby pulled away and looked at Emily, she was about to say something when someone began to knock rapidly against the cubical door. The girls turned and stared at the door, when suddenly a high pitched voice, who they recognised to be Tracy, yelled towards them, causing them to flinch.

"Get out here, Emily! We need to, shall we say... speak with you."

"Go away Trace!" barked Ruby.

"Either ye come out willing, or I'll break tha' bloody door down!" she shouted. Girls laughed behind her words, while Ruby took Emily's hand and opened the cubical door. Tracey stood still, folding her arms, while about seven other girls crowded behind her, more recruiting by the second.

Tracey grimaced at Emily and then to Ruby... "Everyone, I would like you to meet Miss Emily Clark: the high school slut!"

"Trace, this isn't funny! You're supposed to be her friend and--"

"Nut, I'm no her friend!" Tracey frowned. "Who'd wanna be friends' with someone who sleeps with an old man, a teacher?" she laughed derisively, her face contorting into a grimace. Emily and Ruby both knew what was about to happen. They both knew what kind of girl Tracey was; a girl who loved trouble. A girl who thought she was always the one in control.