Ep 12: At The Concert - Marinette POV

Chat and I defeated the akuma and when everything was back to normal, I said goodbye to everyone on the boat and quickly went to a narrow street, pretty close to the boat. There I detransformed as quickly as possible and almost ran to the boat again.

I couldn't wait to see Luka.

After what he told me-well, Ladybug, but still-I couldn't stop thinking about him, about why that sentence caused so many butterflies in my stomach.

As I was going towards the boat I was thinking.

Thinking about the way Luka always looked at me, with that always-present gentle affection in his eyes whenever he was looking at me.

I looked at my hands.

I held his hand.

We held hands!!

And I put my other arm on his shoulder, almost enough for a hug.

As I thought that, I felt heat rise up to my cheeks. But why? What was so special about him? Except that he played so beautifully that he could melt hearts of stone, and how he is so generous, giving others things he likes, just because they like it too, and how he is really smart, keeping his cool in crisis and always being able to make a plan, and the way he looks at me...

Shit.

Don't tell me-

I was interrupted by Alya who jumped on me as I was gone for months, years even.

As I hugged her, my eyes were searching the deck for someone with black-blue hair.

And as they found him, they lit up.

I looked at Luka and he looked... disappointed...? But he still smiled at me with that kind and gentle smile, so I returned it, but with a hint of apology, because I couldn't move and get to him from Alya.

We then started preparations for the performance again, and, luckily, this time Roger approved and we were free to play.

During the preparations I glanced at Luka every now and then, just to see what he was doing. For the first time our gazes didn't meet a single time. But I understood why.

He was tuning and trying out his guitar. It was obvious he cared about it and about his music very much, and I was just happy to be able to see at him looking at something else with that loving gaze.

So this it what it looks like to others when our eyes lock together...

Suddenly I heard a familiar voice from behind.

It was Adrien.

He had come to the concert after all.

I mentally slapped myself. I completely forgot about Adrien today! But... why didn't I feel guilty, at all. It didn't bother me, not really. The slapping was more from a habit than a need.

Well this is weird...

He was really close to one box and it seemed like he would fall over it. I yelled a warning without hesitation.

Without hesitation!

That was weird. I usually can't bring myself to say even hi to him without stuttering and the thought of putting thoughts of him aside rips me apart...

Something changed.

And I wonder what it is.

Adrien still fell over the box, despite the warning, and saw that what was in the box was actually a keyboard.

And he knew how to play it.

Luka walked over to him, held his hand out to help him get up, for he was still on the floor, and said - "Welcome to the band, Adrien!"

"Thanks... amm...?" - Adrien looked confused, which was understandable as he probably didn't know Luka's name.

"Luka." - Luka just said and smiled.

"Thanks, Luka."

Luka.

That is what changed.

I've met Luka.

"Is the compass going crazy?" - Alya joked around with me, but I was in such an awe that I didn't even make a big reaction.

Luka.

Luka changed everything.

I don't stutter or hesitate in front of Adrien, I even forgot about him while...

...while I was with Luka.

Who made my heart beat as Adrien used to.

Used to.

"Evening, everyone, our name is The Kitty Section! One, two, three!"

I know what changed.

I don't like Adrien, not anymore.

It's Luka.

I like Luka.

-----------------------------

AN: This is the last chapter that I will write for episode 12! Sorry for not updating this chapter for so long, I had school going on😂

This story will not be updated until April 13th but you can except the next update on that day or, at the very least, the next one (if Luka appeares, which I highly hope he will... if not, please tell me if you'd like me to write some Marinette POV chapters... because believe me, I can find something anywheare)

I'll also be posting my other story before the airing of the next episode, so be sure to check that out too!!