II. holy without sin

-K O L  M I K A E L S O N

-
K O L M I K A E L S O N

Although Kol would never admit it, he was in fact waiting. Waiting for the return of the mystery girl who had somehow found herself in his personal hell designed for him in his time of being daggered, rather than joining the rest of the Other Side.

Evana. The name he had heard so many times, never said, never spoken. Only as a whisper on the air in his life as if a memory, but was actually foreshadowing the feeling of trust and worry Kol would feel upon first meeting her. Kol was not a foolish man, he knew what she was, he knew who she was. But he would not let that divide his plans to escape the hell of childhood flowers and waters.

It was certain, Evana was his key to freeing himself and getting his revenge on the hybrid who put him there, no matter the cost.

And yet, despite Kol's efforts to remain malicious towards the girl he would make his manipulated victim, he could not control the feeling of elation when he saw her brown hair and delicate smile. "Kol." Her voice echoed across the field, announcing her presence to the man who lay on the flowers, hands behind his head in relaxation and thought. Her voice being a thing that brought him such joy that he felt disgusted with himself for the recognition of the emotion that he had not felt in such a long time.

"Evana." He replied shortly and curtly, trying in every effort to diminish the smugness of having her name on his lips, and his alone. Nevertheless, she smiled at him, a warm, welcoming smile that would make even the coldest of men twitch their lips just even a little. But Kol controlled the grin that wanted to spread across his face, and instead he raised an eyebrow at the beaming girl in slight curiosity. "What are you looking at?"

She ignored his sneer, contrary to what he thought she would, and remained immune to his rudeness. "I want to know something." She placed her hands behind her back and skipped over to him, looking up at him gleefully.

"That's a first." He spoke sarcastically, recalling their previous encounters of her incessant interrogations. She rolled her eyes at that, but still kept the smile on her face, much to Kol's irritation.

"How do you know Klaus?" She asked seriously, and despite her best efforts, her mood deflated considerably and Kol noticed too.

"I think the question is, how do you know Klaus?" And despite his best efforts, he still felt saddened by her obvious dejection.

She rolled her eyes, brushing off the subject. "He nearly killed my best friend in a Sun and Moon Sacrifice, but that's not what I came here to ask." She rushed, trying to distract from the sudden attention on her.

Kol crinkled his brows in confusion. "Your friend, what's their name?"

Evana frowned herself. "Elena. But I don't see why you need to know to answer your question."

Once again, he brushed her off. "I don't care about your question." He snapped, forcing her to flinch and bow her head instinctively as she did every time someone shut her down. He sighed, seeing her reaction and spoke in a softer voice. "What is your friend? Werewolf, or vampire?"

"Doppelgänger." Evana mumbled dejectedly, remembering all the events of the doppelgänger that put herself and her family in danger.

Kol's eyes widened in interest. "Another Petrova. I'm sure Niklaus is having such fun with this." He stated with a sharp smirk that made Evana nervous, a feeling that felt even more horrid than usual.

"Answer my question. How do you know Klaus?" She repeated once more, beginning to tire from her persistent asking.

"Don't fret, darling." Kol patronised her without a care. A thousand thoughts were racing through his head all at once, and somehow he heard them all, and all of them lead to one answer; how to fuck with Klaus. "I suppose you would like revenge on Klaus," he smirked at the look in her golden eyes. "I may know something that could aid you with that particular venture."

"I'd never want revenge on anyone." She denied it, and unlike others who Kol had met, her eyes didn't tell a different story. She ultimately, was an honest woman.

"Now, now, darling. I know the process of a Sun and Moon Curse. Your friend should be dead. Don't you want to avenge her." He tempted her but he only received a frown in return.

"Elena isn't dead. Elijah and John saved her."

Kol froze at the mention of his brother, but continued, to divert from his momentary lapse. "Still, doesn't he deserve punishment for what he did. I'm sure Klaus wouldn't leave anyone alive unless he had no choice."

"Jenna, he killed Jenna." Kol almost didn't hear her, if it weren't for his vampire hearing and he certainly couldn't stop the smirk that fell on his lips.

"Well, if you want revenge, take a look at the Parisian Crypts under la Tour Eiffel. It may be of use to you." Kol smirked at her ponderous face that made her nose scrunch in just the slightest of ways, that if he would admit (though he never would) was rather cute.

"Why are you helping me?" She asked, and her voice fell vulnerable and innocent causing Kol to second guess his answer.

He sighed defeatedly. "I get bored. And I suppose, having you here isn't the worst thing." Nothing ever in Kol's one thousand years could ever compare to the beauty of the smile that graced her face. She was utterly stunning under the light of the sun and through her hair that blew in the breeze.

"Thank you, Kol." She smiled at him until she let out a sharp gasp. His hand latched out immediately, grabbing onto her fading arm as if to keep her there longer, though he knew his efforts were futile. "Until next time."

Kol frowned, she was gone and for some reason, he felt a gaping hole in his chest, like he had been daggered again just like he had the first time she had faded away from him. It was foolish for him to become attached so easily to a girl who he knew to be made for him, Kol had to stay solitary and unaffected by Evana. No matter how difficult that idea was becoming.

<<

Hehe I left y'all for so long soz