Chapter 36: Awkward

We returned back to Pride Rock. But Badili is still with us. We saw dad waiting for us at Pride Rock.

"Well isn't this a surprise!" Dad exclaimed. "Who is this friend of yours?"
"Good afternoon your highness! This is our friend Badili." Fuli said.
"Good afternoon you majesty. Just paying a visit in the Pridelands." Badili said and bowed.
"Good manners. Well make yourself feel at home. We've got lots of trees here." Dad said.
"I appreciate your offer. But do you know it's the dry season?" Badili asked.
"Really?" Dad raises a brow.
"Indeed. Trees are weak and cliffs too. Be ready for the absence of water too." Badili reported.
"Thank you for the report. I'll remind the Pridelanders of this." Dad said. "I do need you to leave for a while."
"Oh! Okay, right away." Badili said then left.
"Zazu." Dad called.
"Yes sire! Like the leopard said, the dry season is near. A few minutes ago, some galagos are hanging off a tree near the cliff. Both tree and cliff are unstable so the three ordered the galagos to jump. The galagos landed on their furs. They successfully did it, but madam Fuli was caught by the collapsing cliff, luckily sir Kion was there to save her. That is all." Zazu reported.
"Zazu, don't call us that." Fuli and I groaned.
"As future rulers, you need to get used by those names. When Pridelanders say that, they show respect to you. Now I've heard enough from Zazu, both of you can rest now." He said. And both of us nods.

Phew! Glad that's over! For today only, tomorrow's another one. By that time Fuli and I got down from Pride Rock, that leopard appeared. And grabbed my Fuli away.

"Fuli I need to talk to you. Alone. Please." Badili said in a serious tone. But I can't let him get her.
"Hey, wait. Where are you taking her?" I asked seriously.
"Don't worry Kion, we're just going to talk. We're not going off too far." Fuli whispered.

Is she really leaving me out? No, she wouldn't. For sure, I'll spy on them. And I cannot believe what I just heard.

"Don't worry. We'll keep it a secret. Shhhh..." Fuli giggled. I gasped a little and ran back to my position. They came back giggling at each other.

"What's so funny?" I pretend I didn't hear what they said.
"Oh, nothing.... Badili said something funny." Fuli said.
"Shall we?" Badili said. And we followed him.

Maybe she doesn't like me anymore. Maybe it's because I'm going to be king and she doesn't. Or I give her problems and pain. The sun sets and that leopard is still with us.

"Hey Badili." I called.
"Yeah?" He responded.
"Aren't you going back to the Backlands? It's getting dark." I said to make him leave.
"Not yet. I'll probably be staying in the Pridelands for a day or two. Until tomorrow morning only. I haven't done what I came here for." He replied and smirked.
"Then what are you here for?" I asked to make him spill the beans.
"Sorry but it's a secret." He smirked and looked at Fuli. That smirked too.
"Well me and Fuli are going to our lair or the Lion Guard lair. Which is also a secret." I said.
"Cool see you later Fuli!" And waved his paw.

Later?! Fuli?! Only her but not me?! I'm getting angrier now. They're definitely hiding something from me.

We're in the lair now. The three boys are there too. Fuli sits down to rest. Then Bunga approaches me.

"Hey, Kion. Where have you guys been?" Bunga asked. I think he saw my upset face.
"Somewhere outside. With Badili. Who is still, not leaving." I get more upset.
"I know that look....." he smirks.
"What?" I raise a brow.
"You're J-E-A-L-O-U-S." He teased.
"What?! No I'm not! I'm not jealous" I denied in whisper.
"Come on, Kion. Haven't you noticed? Fuli always so happy with Badili around, or how she smirks with him." Bunga crossed his arms. "Don't lie to me, Kion. You see it."
"Yes. But how do I get her attention?" I said.
"Say what you feel when she's around, say some compliments, make promises, or how you will never leave her no matter what. Tell it to her after dinner." He advised.
"For someone who has no girlfriend, you're pretty good in love stuff." I smirked.
"I know that bro. I know." I said proudly.

So Fuli's having dinner in the lair with me. I don't usually go hunting with my family but maybe some other time.

After dinner Fuli stands up and cleans up. And is heading out.

"Fuli, wait." I called and she turns around.
"Not now Kion, I need to go somewhere." She said and continues to walk through the exit. But I can't give up just like that. So I blocked her way.
"Just wait a minute. I need to talk to you." I said. Until I remembered Badili and Fuli's secret. "Why are such in a hurry?" I asked worriedly.
"Badili needs me. We need to meet up after dinner so out of my way Kion!" She starts getting angry.
"Badili?! That guy again?! What about me?! Kion, your guy!" I said.

And here comes one of my favorite songs by Shawn Mendes. Kion sings this....

"What are you saying?!" She said angrily. I didn't answer because I might say something that will hurt her feelings.
"Never mind. I'm going, whether you like it or not." She said and turned around and ran as fast as she can to get away from me.

I need to apologize. Before it's too late.

Ugh! Where did she go?! I look at Pride Rock, not there. Groves, not there. Hakuna Matata Falls, not there either. Where?! Maybe she's back at the lair. Let's not give up just yet! The shortest way is through the grazing grounds. And I cannot believe what I saw. It made me angry.

Why is he giving her a flower?! Alone, together?! Why Fuli?! Why?! I couldn't control my emotions

Why is he giving her a flower?! Alone, together?! Why Fuli?! Why?! I couldn't control my emotions. I was sad and angry at the same time. I wanted to hurt Badili. So a ran up to them and I raised my paw, claws out, aiming at him. Then I heard Fuli say, "Kion! Stop!" I can't stop myself. I'm sorry!

But I didn't hit Badili. Fuli pinned me down, hard. Her claws and sharp teeth out. She huffs and huffs, same with me.

"Kion! What's with you?!" She started to cry. Still on top of me.
"I-I'm sorry." She let go and I stand up. "I'm sorry Fuli, I'm so sorry, love." And I hugged her, tight.
"You know I can't leave you." She muttered.
"Shhh.... I know. I'm sorry." I said.
"Why were you about to attack Badili." She wiped her tears.
"I thought you replaced me. I have to admit, I was jealous. I'm sorry Fuli, I'm sorry Badili." I apologized.
"Dude, she can never replace you. You and Fuli, are a perfect match! I'm sorry if you were jealous, but bro I'm getting married next week. I was just preparing. So asked Fuli for help." Badili tried to calm us.
"Really?" I said.
"Yes. It's true. We kept it a secret because the news might reach the Backlands." Fuli explains.
"I never really thought of that. I'm so sorry you guys. I was too dumb to know!" I said very disappointed at myself.
"Don't day that. Kion didn't get to hit me or that would've been painful." Badili said. "Well, I'm ready. I'm heading back to the Backlands tomorrow. Thank you for your help."
"Thank you too for helping us." I said.
"No problem! Goodnight and goodbye Kion and Fuli. I'll visit you next time." Badili waves his paw.
"Bye Badili!" We waved back and left.

Me and Fuli are walking back to the lair. I'm too shy to talk so I'll just say three words and speed up.

"I love you." I licked her cheeks and ran to the lair. I saw her face, she blushed and stopped. And chases me happily.

Just now I remember Grandfather's reminder, jump to conclusions lead to confusions. So that's what he's saying. Just now I realized it.

Now what would be our next adventure?

What would be their greatest adventure of  their lives? A next level of relationship for Kion and Fuli? Will Kiara find out that Simba is replacing her? Find out at the next chapter.