Chapter 37: Day Two so Hard!

The next day.

"Alright. Remember your leopard friend? Well your next task is to inform all the Pridelanders that the dry season is near. It's not very easy. Some animals are very stubborn or annoying . So I want you to handle them as a pair." Dad said. Me and Fuli looked at each other.
"We can handle it!" Fuli said proudly.
"This is a challenge for you Fuli but I know you both can. Now go." He said and we leave.

Fuli's POV

Too bad we didn't get to attend Badili and his mate's wedding.

The second day of training. It's already tiring. Especially under the hot sun. First stop, the water hole.

"Okay! Everyone listen up!" I said. Nobody listened. Everyone is still having fun in water.
"Kion, is your voice clear?" I whispered.
"Uh... Yeah. Why?" He said.
"I love you..." I whispered and I stepped on his tail, on purpose which of course will make him roar and catch attention. Roarrr!! Everyone stopped and looked.
"Okay now that I have you attention, a message form the king, the dry season is coming, so he advises you to drink a lot of water, don't tire yourself and always be ready." I announced. The crowd murmured.
"Dry season?! It's not even hot yet!" One yelled.
"That's why the king advised you to be ready!" Kion responded.
"How will we know if that's true?! Shouldn't it be Zazu who should tell us that?! Because we all know that his the king's majordomo and you're not!" Another annoying animal said. They all know I'm quick tempered....

I can't handle my temper. Time skip!

Okay We're done with the water hole, next is the grazing grounds where almost all kinds of animals are there. For that time I signaled Kion to roar.

"Everyone don't panic! Especially he zebras! Please! Not this time!" I quickly say after Kion roared. "Now, a message from the king. The dry season is near, He advices you to drink a lot of water, don't tire yourself and always be ready. That is all, thank you." I announced.
"What did she say?!" An old rhino said.
"Uhm... the dry season is near, the king advises you to drink plenty, don't tire yourself, always be ready." I repeat.
"What?! Dream planty?! Don't tie yourself?! All way buy really?!" He yelled again.
"Can someone please help him... please I'm begging you all..." I begged but no one listened. Arggggghhhh!!!

Time skip!

Last but not the least, Hakuna Matata Falls.

On our way, we saw princess Kiara with Tiifu and Zuri. Wait, KIARA! Okay, got to get away from her.... get away.... but it was too late she spotted us... Get it? Spotted....like me, a cheetah. Sorry. Never mind.

"Oh, hey!" Kiara waved at us.
"Hey." We waved back nervously. I nudged Kion who was smiling nervously.
"What are you guys doing here?" She asked.
"Oh, nothing.... Just looking at the view. That one day someone great will rule it." I was referring to Kiara.
"Hmm..." she looks at it as the wind blows through her fur.
"So sister, where are you headed?" Kion changes he topic.
"Uhm, right after this, we'll be heading to Pride Rock. Why? Is there something you'd like to say?" She said.
"Ah, no, nothing. You can go now." Kion said.
"But we just came. Are you seriously asking us to leave already?" Zuri said with a sassy tone as usual.
"That's not what Kion means to say, he means that you can go whenever you like." I said.
"Stop bothering them Zuri. Their wedding is near. Let's not give them wrinkles!" Tiifu teased.
"Wedding?! Near?! I don't think so. We haven't thought of that yet. It's not in our to do list for now." I blushed.
"Then, think about it." Kiara smirks. Me and Kion blushed so hard. Why does everybody say that to us?!

Then Timon and Pumbaa came.

"So I heard something about weddings." Timon smirks.
"Shhhh! Lower your voice Timon. I don't want the Pridelanders congratulating us. I feels so awkward." I said.
"Well if you're planning a celebration, just call us! We can plan your wedding with big and beautiful decorations." Pumbaa added.
"Sorry guys, but we're not getting married. Yet." Kion said.

Then there was silence.... this time it's a long one. Then I spoke.

"So the dry season is near. Better drink a lot of water and not tire ourselves." I said.
"Oh! That right! We should plan a party during the dry season. A cool party. Pridelanders will love it!" Tiifu added.
"Well, we're going now... good luck with your party. We have things to do." Kion said.
"Yeah sure. Bye." Kiara waved goodbye.

Okay this is stressful. My heart is always pounding hard because of nervousness. Keeping secrets from Kiara the first born cub of Simba and Nala. I can't hold it. If only I could tell her before anything gets worse.

We got back to Pride Rock, we saw Zazu and Simba there.

"Zazu, observation." Simba called.
"Fuli only handled her temper once of all the three. First one and second, didn't go well, trust me. Kion handled the rest when Fuli gets annoyed. That is all." Zazu said. I actually yelled at the first and second.
"I am not happy Fuli. We need to work on that." Simba said calmly.
"I know.... I'm sorry. Give us the same task again, please. This time I can handle it." I begged.
"But there's no other place in the Pridelands where we could tell it." Simba said.
"There's lots of place, father. Big Springs, the groves. Or even the Outlands." Kion suggested.
"No! Not the Outlands and never the Outlands! You know how mad I am when you talk about the Outlands son. So stop trying to convince me. It's never going to happen." Simba raised his voice.
"Yes, father." Kion lowered his voice. I need to say something to change the something though.
"The baboons. The baboons doesn't know it yet. They are very far from the rest. The Mapango Cliffs." I said.
"Very well. And remember what I said." Simba reminded. We nod and run off to Mapango Cliffs where I saved the baby baboon before. But we couldn't let the Outlanders to starve or thirst. So we decided to go there but there's a few things to take care of before we go there.

"This time I can do this." I inhaled and exhaled.
"Sure you can. But you do look cute when you get angry." Kion smirked. Wait... did he just flirt with me? Ugh! Dumb-dumb....
"Cute?!" I blushed.
"Yup! Really cute!" He giggles.
"Oh, shut up! Let's just get this done. Nice and easy way." I said.
"Fuli? Hoo, hoo." The baby baboon I saved that isn't a baby anymore said.
"Hey you annoying baboon. You grow up so fast." I smiled. "Anyway just wanted to say a message from the king. The dry season is near. He advises you all to drink a lot of water and don't tire yourself."
"Fuli! Fuli! Fuli!" They cheered unexpectedly.
"Okay so.... remember that." Kion said. And we left.

So heading to the Outlands. But Mr. Banana beak is watching us somewhere. Lucky enough, we found the rest of the Guard.

"Hey guys!" Beshte greeted.
"Hey." Kion responds. Then Kion and I looked at each other and began whispering.
"I want you guys to whisper and be quiet. Because we've got a job for you." Kion whispers.
"We want you to deliver this message to the Outlands. Simba doesn't want us to deliver that there so we're asking you to do it for us. Say this, 'A message from Kion, the dry season is near, He advises you to drink plenty and don't tire yourself.' That's about it. We're counting on you guys." I explained.
"Hahahaha! Good joke Fuli!" Kion yelled. So it won't be so obvious.
"See you guys there!" I yelled and winked at them.
"See 'ya!" Ono said.

I hope Zazu didn't hear us. Or else we'll be in big trouble.

Back in at Pride Rock. Zazu was talking to Simba, his face is a little disappointed. And he saw us and walks towards us.

"I am very....." Simba started. "Proud of you Fuli this time you handled it nice and easy. We all know baboons are very annoying yet you did it."
"Thank you your majesty!" I said.
"As for you Kion...." Simba continues, "We need to talk. Alone please." He said in a serious tone.
"Yes father." Kion followed his father.

I hope nothing happens bad.

Kion's POV

Oh, no! Please I don't want to be scolded again! I think I'm being hardheaded these days.

"Son." He started. "We agreed that..."
"I know I'm sorry!" I apologized.
"Uh.. What? That we agreed that you can be king if you marry someone." He continued. Did not see that coming.
"What?! You mean marry someone right now?! As in now?!" I panicked.
"Not now. But you need to plan." He said.
"Uhm..." I muttered.
"So how's it going to be?" He said smirking. Ugh.. his face so weird.
"Give me time father..." I said.
"Alright then. Until tomorrow evening only. Take your time son." He said and left.

What now?

Will Kion marry Fuli to be king or he won't? Is he ready? Does Kion have any other idea? Find out at the next chapter.