9. Dragons

Sorry for not updating in a bit! Hope y'all like it!
————-

Tomorrow's the last day of the GMG, meaning today was a day of rest.

Lucy, Natsu, Wendy, our exceeds and I were walking around town late night, when we heard someone call us over.

"psst.....psst"

"Who's there?" Natsu called out. The person revealed themselves. It was Yukino. She was dressed up in guard armor.
"Oh! Yukino! It's nice to see you again!" I said with a smile.

"Please, I would love to stay and chat, but I have to show you guys something. Follow me please!" Yukino said.

————
"Why'd you bring us down here?" Wendy asked.

"You'll see." Yukino said.

We met up with another one of the guards and told us what we needed to know.

It was something about zodiac keys and blah blah. I wasn't listening.
The guard began to talk about going back into the past to kill zeref on the day of the eclipse.

All of sudden, more guards came. We were in trouble

They stole Lucy and Yukino and let us go.
—————

For the games tomorrow, We decided to replace Natsu with Laxus so he could go look for Lucy. After that we went to bed to rest up for the last day of the games tomorrow.

———————
Fairy Tails in first place. Sabertooth in close second.

We walked out and the crowd went crazy.
"It seems like they replaced Natsu Dragneel, with Laxus Dreyer?" The announcer said. A lot of people were shocked.

"Should've been like this in the first place." Laxus smirked.

I looked over to meet eyes with the Sabertooth guild.

Rogue and I stared at each other before he looked away. I had a good feeling about today. Since it's the last day of the games, I feel like Rogue and I could have a proper talk. Last time I saw him was when we fought two days ago. All I had to do was get through today, then I could talk to him.

The announcer began going over the teams from last to first place.

"Weird..." I mumbled.

"What's wrong?" Gray came up to me.

"Sting isn't as hyped up as he usually is. And look, Lector isn't there to cheer him on."

"Who cares, Sabertooth are a bunch of jerks!" Gajeel sneered.

"I know...after they way they treated us. I still can't help but hope everything is okay..."
I looked over at Sabertooth one more time where my eyes met with Sting. I saw the pain on his face.

"You truly have a kind heart, (y/n)" Ezra smiled, putting her hand on my shoulder.

"And now for first place, FAIRY TAIL!"

I turned my attention to the crowd.

"Today will be a match where everyone participating in the games will compete in!" He began explaining how the games worked. In every team, there will be a person who is worth more points than a regular team member. They chose that person to be me.
The competition was about to start. We stood in a line. Before the games, master Mavis went over a few tactics for us to help us win. In order for these tactics to play out, we had to start later than the rest of the guilds.