1

Eleven years have passed by. Not too many years ago Yuri Egin had passed away from her unknown illness. Rin was absolutely devastated. He lost his mother, his only blood related family. He was basically an orphan now. Shiro Fujimoto still took care of Rin, it was a little more challenging raising him with out Yuri there to calm the young boy.

Demons did not stop coming for Rin, Satan would not rest until he had his son to complete his family. Yuri was now with him in Gehenna. Once she had died, her soul was sent to Gehenna, along with all of the other souls who were once possessed by the demon God. She ruled as the queen of Gehenna by his side. Now all he needed was his youngest son.

One day Shiro had come home to a seven year old Yukio who was crying. Yukio didn't understand why he saw the things that he saw, it was scary. Shiro asked him if he would like to join him and become an exorcist. He told him that he would be able to help him protect Rin. Yukio's eyes lit up.
He would get to protect Rin?!

He would give anything to be able to save Rin for a change. He cared for him, he was like his brother. Rin was alway rescuing Yukio from his bullies, and getting hurt in the process. Yukio would become Rin's night in shining armour and defend him from the bullies.

He went into intense training to become an exorcist. By the age of 12 he had completed his training and became the worlds youngest exorcist. He had been secretly training to become an exorcist. He had never kept secrets from Rin before, but Shiro said it was for the best that he did not know. He wanted to keep Rin away from anything that had to do with demons. Shiro didn't want to run the risk of demons coming for his boy. He knew fully well that all of these demons that Yukio saw around the monastery were after Rin. They had been sent by Satan to come retrieve their prince and bring him home. They kept Rin under constant surveillance. What they didn't know was that they didn't do as good a job of keeping an eye on Rin as they thought. Rin would be left alone a lot. He had no friends besides Yukio because everyone hated him. They called him names like 'beast' and 'demon'. On the inside Rin was like 'yeah, I know'.

Little hobgoblins, low level demons, and spirits who didn't reveal themselves to humans would keep him company. Him being half demon, he was able to see all of the demons. He just didn't make that big of a deal when he came across them, he just let them be. Shiro and Yukio felt they were doing such a great job keeping him from interacting with demons. When in reality, Rin just carried on with his business when he saw them.

The demons would refer to him as their "king" or "young master".

A lot had happened during those past eleven years.

*~*~*~*

The monastery was being attacked. Shiro had thrown Rin in the basement and locked the door. He told him to stay there until everything was over. The floor had caved in and a giant portal had opened up. Out of it came dozens of middle and low ranked demons as well had the Demon God himself. Out there, Shiro Fujiomoto and the priests who worked at the monastery were in a full on battle. While they fought, Rin was trapped in a dusty old basement banging on the door and screaming for someone to let him out.

He felt hopeless, the man who had raised him was having the fight of his life. And there was nothing he could do about it but sit there on the dirty floor and wait for someone to open the door.

Yukio was out God knows where doing God knows what. Yukio was always out busy, either with school work or doing his secret errands that he supposedly couldn't tell Rin about. He thought that they told each other everything, they were supposed to be close. He felt his heart ache. He and Yukio were close, I mean really close.