Chapter 6 Sore Head

I just love Sundays. The weather is always great and the days seemed longer. My favorite part of Sundays is when my dad cooks. His cooking is well known around our small town in Tokyo. My dad owned a small restaurant in tokoyo. It wasn't too fancy but the food was great there especially the ramen.

My dad was in the kitchen cooking his well known pork stew. The scent was so divine. I would always stay in a small corner and watch him create his master piece. I was suppose to be with mom and Elsa learning the proper etiquette techniques when you were around a dinner table but to six year old girl i was more drawn to how to cook.

"Aren't you suppose to be with your mother?" Dad asked not even looking over at me.

"Can i just watch you dad?" i pleaded as i came out of my hiding place and walked over to where he was.

"I don't have a problem with you watching me sweetie but you know how your mom feels when you miss a lesson," dad insisted.

"Your right, I'll just go," i pouted. I didn't want him to get in trouble with mom. I was about to leave when i heard his voice again.

"Don't go i could use a sue chief," he smiled.

My face pulled into the hugest smile. "Really?!"

He shakes his head. "But don't tell you mother."

"Promise."

FLASHBACK ENDED

I was awaken with an unsatisfying headache and the sound of Shelly's voice.

"Are you awake Kick?"

i open my eyes to see Shelly's concerned face hovering over me.

"Shelly?" i tried sitting up but when i moved the pain came back again.

"Wow here take it easy you had a pretty hard fall," shelly helped to sit upright in the couch. i held my head in agony trying to refrain from grunting. "What happened?"

"You hit your head on the stage and passed out," shelly said.

"What, how long have i been out?" i queried.

"About an hour now."

i look around my surroundings and came to the realization that i was in the dressing room.

"My head feels like shit," i whimpered.

"Here," shelly hands me a cold beer. "Put this on your head."

i place the cold beer on the back of my sore head. "This is probably stupid of me to ask but is there any possibility that i got the job," i laughed out. "Not a chance," she giggled out. "But at least you tried."

"Yeah," oh i forgot to ask her something. "Shelly can i ask you something?"

"Shoot ,"

"Who is that guy you were with?"

Something flash within her eyes before i could decipher what it was. "Oh you mean Mr. Alexandro, he's my boss."

"He seems more than your boss to me, is there something going on between you guys?" i was pushing shelly buttons with all the questions but i wanted to know so badly who that guy was. I know shelly enough to know that she wouldn't allow any guy to touch her in a certain way.

"He's just friendly that's all, don't worry nothing is going on between Raphael and i," she reassured. I wanted to believe her but there was just something she wasn't telling me.

"Okay I'll take your word for it,"

A knock on the door suddenly drew our attention.

"You may come in," shelly said.

Ashley walked in with a glass of water.

"What is it Ashley?"

"The boss wants to see you in his office?"

"oh okay, kick I'll be right back," shelly exited the room without saying another word.

"You okay?" Ashley asked concern lace in her voice.

"Yeah I'm okay, its not that bad like before," i answered.

"You're not good at this are you?" Ashley pass me the glass of water.

i gladly accepted it, "Thank you."

"What gave it away?" i chuckled out. Ashley took a seat beside me.

"Its okay everyone always have a bad first try, "Ashley reassured with her genuine smile.

"Did you face planted on the floor too?"

"No," she giggled.

"You really do suck at making a person feel better."

"Sorry but if you knew you were bad at this why did you came?" Ashley asked amused.

"I needed the job," i rub my temples trying not to stress about the situation that i still don't have a job.

"Your looking for job?"

i shook my head. "Why didn't you say so," Ashley slightly push my shoulders. "i work as a maid and they're looking to hire a few housemaids, its a really great job."

i was instantly interested. i pipe up in the couch and i my headache was the least of my problems right now.

"If your interested they're starting to hire on Monday-"

"I'm interested," i didn't have to think about it twice. i needed a job and here was one being handed to me.

"Great I'll text you the details later," Ashley smiled triumphantly. She pulls out her phone. "Put in your number."

How bad could being a maid be? You basically just clean, which is one of the few things I'm good at.