Part 3

Daniel~

"What bet?" She repeated. I felt my heart pounding against my chest. "It's nothing." She got up and put her hair in a bun. Oh no someone is about to get punched. "You have one minute to tell me what's going on or I'm marching to your mother's house and I'm going to find out."

I sat there like an asshole. Did I talk? Of course not. 

Next thing I knew I was chasing my wife down the street in my other car like a mad man. When we arrived, she got out her car and ran in the house. What did I get myself into?

"Mei! Where are you!?" She screamed and paced. "Baby calmed down!" I tried holding her hand but she moved away from me. "What's with all the noise down here?" My mother came down with some people.

"Baby, my mother has guests, maybe we should come back later." She stared at me and I felt like my soul was being sucked out of my body. What was that?

"What deal did you make with my husband. Mei I know you don't like me but doing this isn't going to separate us." My mother laughed at her. "Did you even tell her the deal? Or did you even tell her that you made the deal?" Violet looked at me with those big brown eyes.

"What is she talking about?" I gave up. "The fourth year of our marriage we are supposed to have a baby. I made a deal with my mother that said, if I got you pregnant before the fourth year of our marriage, she would have to give business down to me."

I looked down in shame. Why did I even do it? Thinking back now, it sounded so stupid.

~
~
~
Violet~

Tears blurred my vision. Why do I feel so betrayed? Was I just a competition to him? "Too bad he's going to loose his own bet." She smiled and walked up to me.

"It's not my fault you're infertile. I never told my son to pick up a good for nothing woman." My heart was breaking as she continued.

"If his first wife was here today she'd have about 3 children already and you're still here struggling to have one." I looked down as everyone watched on.

"My family has never had this problem before and you're not going to be the one to bring it here." I wiped my face.

"Not every black woman you see can have hundreds of kids, Daniel, you should have chosen wisely." A sob left my lips.

"Leave my house, you're embarrassing yourself." I ran out the house.

Why me?

"I'm sorry Violet! I didn't know what I was thinking when I said that." I didn't dare look at him.

"Was I a game to you? Was my love something for you to play with?" I asked trying to stay strong. So many emotions went through my body.

"No baby-" I turned and slapped him across the face. "Don't you ever call me that!"

He looked at me surprised. To be honest, I was surprised myself.

"I loved you, I put up with your mother's shit for years thinking that it was her who was causing the pain but it was really you!" I couldn't think straight. 

"Don't except me home." I got in the car and drove off.

~
~
~
Daniel~

I tugged my hair and turned around seeing my brother, father and mother looking at us. Jackson shook his head. "And here I thought you had it all." He walked inside with my father. I made eye contact with the devil herself.

"Don't look at me like that, you made the deal son. You got caught in it. You embarrassed your wife." She smiled. "Sometimes I wish I had an actual mother." I walked away from her, getting into the car and drove off.

When I got home, I was expecting to see an empty house and what did I get? A house with no one and my wife's clothes missing. "She left?" She didn't even leave a note. Of course I had to call and she blocked my number.

So I did the nest thing I could do, call her crazy ass best friend.

"N-" I was cut off

"You have the nerve to call here!! You don't think I'll come there and beat your ass?" She screamed at me.

"Nyla I'm sorry I made a mistake! Please tell her don't do this." I knew I was crying, I don't care if I was being a baby. I want and need my wife back.

"That sounds like a you problem." With that she hung up the phone.

You're amazing Daniel.

~
~
~
Violet~

I have been crying for four hours now. I can't get that situation out of my head. I looked at my stomach and cried. "Why couldn't I have children?" I wiped my eyes and cuddled the pillow on the bed.

I'm staying at Nyla's house for a while. I'm not gonna over do my stay of course, they have a kid together and they don't need me in their way. I'll just rent an apartment.

Looking down at my wedding ring. I have to valid reason as to why I still have it on but I feel like a piece of me is gone if I take it off but it aches to watch it.

"V, you have to come and eat. You've been on here for hours and you're probably dehydrated and hungry." I shook my head and lie back down. "I know you're not happy but you have to feed that tank you call a stomach." I giggled.

Dammit.

"Leave me let me cry and drown in my pain." I rolled over and she slapped my ass. "If you're gonna stay here, you're gonna live by my rules. So come and eat."

After eating almost everything they had in their kitchen, I made my way back up to my room.

It's time to cry again.