Part 8

Daniel~

I held her hand as we walked in the room for our appointment. I was very nervous but Violet was so happy. Her eyes were so bright. "Hello again, Mrs. Park." The doctor smiled at my wife then looked at me.

"You must be the lucky man." She stated and I smiled. "Yes I am."

I helped Violet sit down as the doctor got her ready. "I reached my weight goal and I've been eating a lot of fruits and meat." She explained to the doctor as she nods.

"Here we go." She smeared the gel on her stomach and then placed the cardiotocograph and then I heard it.

The heart beat of my son or daughter. I felt warm hands on my face. "That's my child in there." I looked at Violet who was smiling, regret plain as day in her eyes. I wiped my face and cleared my throat.

"Everything seems fine, keep off your feet and try not to stress yourself." She instructed me but she was looking at me. "And you make sure that she doesn't do it." I nod.

"You have my word."

~
~
~
"You don't love me anymore!" She cried once more and I sighed. "I do love you." She wiped her faced and threw herself back on the couch.

"Be careful!" I scolded her and she screamed and kicked more. I sighed. "I want burger!" She cried louder and covers her face with a cushion.

"Fine! I'll get you burgers!" I rubbed my head as a headache formed. She looked at me with her big eyes and sniffed. "Really?" I simply nod and got my car keys.

"I want a triple patty burger, with lots of onions and pickles." I nod and left the house.

~
~
~

When I got back to the house, I gave her the burger and she frowned. "What is it now?" I looked her and she bit her lip.

"You only got me one?" My jaw dropped. "How much did you want?" She showed me three fingers and I groaned taking my keys leaving the house once more.
~
~
~
I'm on my way home and I get a call.

"Babe when you're on your way home, bring home some ice cream." She hung up on me and I made a U turn going back to the ice cream store.

~
~

I finally got the ice cream and I'm on my way home and my phone rang again.

"Babe can you get me some seedless watermelon? That'll be great." She hung up on me and I stopped the car and took a breath in. "Where the hell am I gonna get seedless watermelon and get home before the food gets cold and this ice cream melts."

I shock my head and went home.

I opened the door to see Violet eating. She smiled at me then frowned. "Where's the watermelon?" I gave her the ice cream and burgers. "Where am I gonna get seedless watermelons?"

She tears up, "You mean you don't have the watermelon?" I panicked.

"Babe I'll go and get the watermelon for you, please don't cry." I searched on my phone for a place that can find seedless watermelons.

"Then why are you still here?! Get going!" She shoved me out the door and I got in the car.

~
~
~

When I came home she was on the floor trying to do yoga but it wasn't working out and I stood there amused as she tried folding her legs. Once again I'm exhausted. It took me four hours to find this watermelon.

"My watermelon!" She screamed. "Well open it already!" She snapped and I went into the kitchen opening it for her. She devoured it.

I was slightly disgusted but she looked so innocent when she looked at me and smiled. "What? I'm not sharing." She washed her face when she was finished and sat down pulling me with her. "Thank you for today, I appreciated it." She kissed my cheek and yawned.

Oh thank God she's tired. I rocked her until she fell asleep and I slowly fell asleep right after