Part 9

Violet~

I'm now in labor stage. I am walking on egg shells right now. Daniel has been with me all day, everyday since I turned nine months. I look like a hippo honestly. I rubbed my stomach and waddled into the baby room to see Daniel fixing little things as he bit his nails and mumbles.

I am nervous, I admit that but I have a feeling that I could handle this. Daniel always brought home new stuffed animals or baby pampers. I smiled as he fixed the baby crib for the hundredth time today.

"He's gonna love it, Daniel, stop worrying so much." He stopped and looked at me with a worried smile. "I just want it to be perfect." I kissed his cheek and held his hands. He looked at me. "The baby is gonna love it so stop worrying so much."

I took him to bed. "Now you sleep right now, I'll sleep right next to you, if it makes you feel any better." He nods and holds me and instantly he fell asleep.

I played with his hair and thought about what happened a couple of months ago.

Flashback~

"Mom, I've enough of this! Of course it's my baby!" Daniel screamed at his mother as Jackson held me.

"Then why did she keep it from you so long? She wasn't even gonna tell you that she was pregnant to begin with!" His mother argued back.

"It's either you accept that she's pregnant with my child or you don't see me, period." My breath hitched in my throat.

"You wouldn't dare." Mei's eyes glistened with tears, she shook her head. "Jackson and dad are the only one that are allowed to see my unborn child."

With that he walked off as Jackson and Jeon went to talk to Daniel. I looked at Mei as she held her chest gasping for air. I sat her down and got her some water. She glared at me and took the water.

"I know you don't like me but this is happening and and no matter what you say, this is his child and shouldn't you be happy for your son, he's finally getting kids, isn't that what you wanted?" She sat there quietly.

"I'll give you a chance to think this over. Don't make a stupid mistake and miss out on your grandchild's life." I bit my lip placing a hand on my stomach. She didn't dare look me in my eyes.

"I'll think about it." She hardly whispered. I smiled slightly and got up. "This stays between us." I told her as Daniel stormed in.

"Where leaving." He didn't even look at his mother.

~
~
~

Oh and he kept to his promise. I looked down at my husband. I hope she makes the right choice, for her sake and the sake of this child.

When he woke up, he made me something to eat. "Baby I don't like the trees in my plate." I whined at him and he looked at me confused.

"What trees?" I poked the broccoli in my plate and he let out a chuckle. I wasn't playing.

"Take them out." I whined again. I'm so annoying.

He shook his head. "You have to eat them." I pushed the plate away and fold my arms. "You're being such a baby." He blew out and took the trees out my plate. "There, now eat." I smiled at him and started eating.

Something splashed the floor and I pouted. "I threw over my juice baby." I looked down to see water. "Baby your juice is right on the counter." My eyes widened as I felt a big push on my stomach.

"Baby." Was all I could say. I started to cold sweat. "Shit!" He grabbed the baby bag and helped me in the car. "I want her out!!" I started crying buckets.

This was a pain. I couldn't even describe the pain I was in. My mind and my mouth was saying the same thing.

"We're almost there baby." I held my hand as I squeezed it tight. "Okay, ow that hurts." He gripped the wheel and parked the car at the hospital.

~
~
~

Daniel~

I held my wife's hand as she cried, screamed and cursed at me. "Please get this baby out of me! It hurts!"

I nod as she pushed more. She started sweating more. I felt her body shake in pain and she whimpered. I felt like I could have cried for her.

"You're almost there baby." She felt back on the bed crying and pushing. Her voice bounced off the walls. I bet people could hear from outside. "And here he is!" He?! I looked down, seeing Violet smiling.My son was screaming his lungs out. Tears formed in my eyes. The nurse wrapped him in a blue blanket and handed him to my wife.

"What's his name."

"His name is Xanthe Kai Park." I looked at my son. My love for him just grew so much.

"I love you, my beautiful wife." I gave her a sweet kiss on her lips and she smiled. "I love you too, my husband."

I looked at my son next who was sleeping in his mother arms.

Life couldn't get any better than this. Next thing I saw Jackson and my father walk in with purple balloons. "It's a boy." I grinned and my brother hugged me.

"This doesn't stop me from flirting with her." I slapped the back of his head. He chuckled and went to Violet. He grinned.

'Hey little man, I'm your uncle, I'm gonna show you how to get all the girls."

Dad slapped his head and shook his head. "I finally have someone to spoil! Look how handsome you are."

"He looks like a potato to me." I scoffed. "Stop making fun of my son."

We were all admiring my son and then my mother walked in with her head hung low. 'What are you doing here?" I spoke not too loud to wake up Violet or Xanthe." My father and Jackson got up. She cleared her throat.

"Mei, we really don't want any chaos, she just made a baby and it's a happy day." My father said trying not to hurt her feelings. "I came to see my grandchild." She spoke and looked at the side and saw him sleeping in his bed.

"Your wife and I spoke the day you came over and she gave me a chance to redeem myself and here I am." She explained.

I saw Violet waking up. Once she saw my mother she smiled. "You made the right choice." My mother stood above my son and took in his features.

"Congrats." She gave me some papers. "These are the documents for the family business." She explained to me. "You made a handsome child." She smiled at me, "I'm proud of you."