Part 5

Daniel~

Her face fell, "You don't think I could get pregnant?" I sighed, I knew she would say that. "Baby we could get a mixed baby and we would love him or her like our own." I suggested.

She got up, "You don't think I could do it. You think your mother is right about me."

"I never said that, it was just a suggestion." I argued back. "You don't believe that I could give you a child of our own."

"Babe I'm not saying that!" She cut me off "Yes you are! You never believed I could! You don't think I see the way you look at me every time we go around your family and they have children and we don't? You think think I see your face when they ask us about babies every year!"

She jabbed her finger in my chest. "I see the faces Daniel!" She yelled in my face.

"Sorry that I make that face! I know you can't give me kids! We've tried! You're yelling at me like I'm the problem here! It's you!" Her eyes widened.

But did I stop there? No.

"I'm tired of being mocked by my family because of you! Maybe if my actual wife was still alive maybe I'd be happy!!"

I instantly regretted everything. "Baby, no I don't mean that." She stepped away from me as tears ran out her eyes.

"You're actual wife?" She hiccuped. "No! I didn't mean it."

She cried holding her chest. "It hurts that you think of me like that, it really does."

"I was just mad!" She nod and looked at her wedding ring. What is she thinking. "I think we ere a mistake, Daniel." She looked at me with the saddest eyes I've ever seen. "What do you mean?"

I felt bile rise in my throat when she took off her ring. "I don't wanna be with you anymore, I thought I would look past the fact that you bet on me but now I see that it's all about me being just like your dead wife."

Deep down I knew she was right but who was I to talk. I was like a deer caught in headlights. She gave me the ring in my now cold hands. "You don't want to do this, Violet, please." I felt tears in my eyes.

"It seems better this way. Don't worry I don't want any of your money." She thinks I care about that? The woman that loved me after knowing about what I went through wants out and it's because of me.

"I want a divorce, Daniel, I can't do this with you for the rest of my life. Go find a woman who can give you kids, cause I don't make you happy." She cried.

She didn't look me in my eyes.

"Please Violet, just think about this before you make a final decision. That's all I ask of you." My voice cracked with each word.

"I- I need to go." She packed more clothes and made one phone call and that all it took for my wife to leave again.

~
~
~
Violet~

Here I am again, crying. I hated it so much. "You asked for a divorce?! Are you out of your mind?! You didn't even tell him you're pregnant!" Nyla screamed at me.

"We'll be divorced before I start showing, I can move away and leave with me and the baby." I stated.

Nyla gave me the nastiest look. "You're so selfish! You don't want the child to know his/her father? That's low" She shook her head and I sat up.

"He said he wanted his other wife!" She gave me a pissed look.

"Have you forgotten she's DEAD."

"I need to think about this." I held my head.

Nyla shook her head, "You better not be stupid, friend or not, if you make the wrong choice, you best believe I'm telling him."

I gave her a look of disbelief. "That man has been waiting for a child as long as I could remember and now that you're finally carrying his child, you wanna be a bitch and take that away from him. You must really want him to hate you."

With that she walked out the room and left me there in my thoughts. I have never heard her talk to me like that before, she looked like she was about to explode on me.

Is that what pregnancies do to you?

Am I going to risk my friendship and relationship over my selfish ways?

I looked down at my flat stomach and smiled. "No matter what happen, I will always love you and I hope that you don't get hurt. I'm doing my best to not be stressed." I spoke to my baby. I tears up. My baby

What do I do now?

Then my phone starting ringing and I answered. "Hello?"

"Come to the Little Cafe in ten minutes." He hung up and I sighed getting ready.~
~
~

I walked in the cafe to see his gelled hair. I sat down opposite to him. "What is it Jackson?"

He looked at me with sad eyes. "I hate to see you upset."He held my hand.

"It's fine-" He cut me off. "No it's not and I heard you want a divorce?" I simply nod mt head and looked down.

"You guys have been together for four years and married for three. I've seen you guys get through harder things than this." I bit my lip tearing up. "I've never seen my brother so torn and I've seen him for his deceased wife."

"Well what do you want me to do?" I breathed in the scent of pastries and chocolate. "Talk it out like you normally do." He said and leaned back crossing his arms.

"So when were you gonna tell him that you're pregnant?" I choked on my spit.

"Wha- what? I'm not pregnant." I stuttered out and he chuckled.

"I see that little bump plus, you have that pregnant glow." I smiled at his words.

"Don't worry about it, I won't tell Daniel, that's your job but congrats and keep my niece or nephew safe please." I rubbed my stomach.

"I'm doing my best."

He simply nods. "Good." He got up and so did I.

"You know I've never seen you so serious before, it's a change from the goofball you are." He smiled.

"Don't worry I'm just trying to be a peace maker, after everything calms down I'm going back to flirting with you and making my brother annoyed."

I laughed. "What if you get a girlfriend?" I asked him.

"Well that would be awkward since I already have you." He winks making me laugh more.

"I'm serious though! You need a girlfriend." He shakes his head.

"One problem at a time okay?" I rolled my eyes at this boy.

Whoever tames this boy is the one.