Numb Skulls.

After giving Hau a good battle Ginger refreshed her team and was ready for the trial. Ginger made her way up the path where Captain Ilima was in wait for her arrival,
"I'm glad you could make it." Ilima said with a smile as he then took Ginger inside the cave and explained how the trial worked.
Ginger, as well as Quilava and Cottonee, all nodded as they listened to Ilima tell them about the trial, once he was finished he told them the trial had begun and left the cave to let Ginger have her fun. Once Ilima left Ginger darted to the first hole where a Rattata attacked, Ginger battled it with ease and beat it then battled the second Rattata and beat it as well. When trying to get the last Rattata it kept moving from hole to hole, making it hard for Ginger to battle it.
Suddenly two Team Skull goons came running up shouting about how they wanted to show off how strong they were. Not wanting to deal with them Ginger decided to battle one of them, sending out Quilava to battle,
"Yo B! Look at that!" Said the grunt battling Ginger.
"Wasn't that the small fire Pokémon of yours?" Asked B as he looked at them.
"Mhm, that's my sweet little Cyndaquil. He evolved." Ginger said as she shouted for Quilava to use Fire Blitz.
The battle was over within minutes, as the two grunts shouted how they where gonna catch the totem Pokémon and ran off. Yet before Ginger or her Pokémon could say anything the two came back saying how tough it was and how they where gonna try and catch the one running around suddenly B, who was standing a little way back, stepped forward. Seeing him walk to close to the edge and slip Ginger ran over and grabbed his hand, seconds before he fell into the open cavern below, Quilava grabbing Ginger by her shirt and Cottonee Grabbing Quilava by his back. The other grunt ran over and grabbed Ginger as he helped her pull B up, who was shaking and thanking her over and over again. Ginger said it was no problem with a sweet smile, then asked if they could help her catch the last Rattata, witch they did by blocking the other caves it was running in and out of.
Ginger was able to defeat the Rattata then went to tell the grunts about it, B asking her if she was giving up yet, Ginger then remembered she still had the totem Pokémon to battle. The Totem Pokémon, a Raticate, gave her a good fight yet Ginger beat them and completed her first trial with and earned the Normal Z-Crystal, as she was leaving the open area where the Totem Pokémon rested, two future looking people walked over to her talking about the Z-Crystals. Ginger was very weary of these two, her Quilava was growling and Cottonee was humming in a way to tell their trainer to be careful. Just as the where leaving Ginger felt a presence behind her, looking she saw the grunts from earlier.
"Yo, you okay? They weren't giving you no trouble hu?" Asked A as he moved his arms in the way their boss showed them.
"Yeah if they where we'll get the boss on em fo so!" Said B as he did the same motions.
Being very confused Ginger asked if they where gonna try anything, the two said no, since Ginger saved B they owned her so they where gonna leave her be. Ginger only smiled as she said it was no problem and asked what 'their boss' would say.
"Na don't worry bout him, he'll be thankful for ya!" B said doing his motions.
Ginger only smiled as she said she had to continue on her trial and went to leave, the grunts shouting that she shouldn't worry cause they'll have her back no matter what.