Chapter 7

"What the hell was that?" I hear my dear brother yell at me before I even get close the front door. "What was what, Reggie?" I ask, honestly a bit annoyed that he was upset at me. "You defending those greaser snakes!" His voice became louder and more aggressive. "So what?" I shrug say with confidence I don't have while speed walking up the stairs to my room while Reggie yells back something I can't hear, or don't want to hear. Finally in my room, I slump onto my bed and take a well-deserved nap after all the events that took place today.

I wake up hours later to a knock at my door. Reggie slowly opening the door as he knocks, "Hey..." I look at him waiting for him to continue. "Look," he starts "I'm sorry about what happened today, but we need to stick together, okay? We can't be going at each other, especially after that little stunt you pulled on the bridge. I just want to keep you safe." I nod my head slowly still trying to understand why he hates them so much. "I went and got us something from Pop's, if you're hungry," as soon as he finishes his sentence my stomach growls loudly and our eyes go wide and a big smile spreads on his face. We both laugh and head downstairs to eat.

At school, I walk into the lounge seeing, Josie, Veronica and Kevin on one side, and Jug, Sweet Pea, Toni and Fangs on the other. I walk over and sit next to Toni and Fangs hands me a Twizzlers as Josie and Kevin introduce themselves. Then Weatherbee walks in looking angry, "You guys, yes you all, come with me now!" We all look at each other before filing out of the lounge to the middle of the school where we see a badly spray-painted snake on Riverdale's seal and my brother and a couple of bulldogs standing next to it. The smug look on his face, which drops for a split second when he sees me standing in between Fangs and Sweet Pea. I gave my brother a disappointed look, knowing that he was the one who did it just to get them in trouble. After Weatherbee banned their jackets and ordered their tattoos to be covered I glared at my brother before grabbing Sweet Pea's arm and pulling him the opposite way towards our class.

The day seemed to drag on forever. I have Serpents in all of my classes and they're all super sweet to me, but Reggie never stops reminding me to never let my guard down, especially if there are Serpents around. After school I walk to my locker and begin to put my books away. Closing my locker, I turn around just to run into a tall leather wall, sending me back into my locker. Looking up I see Sweet Pea, he turns and stretches his hand out to me, "Sorry about that." He smiles at me and my breath catches in my throat, making me unable to reply. "Hey," he points, "So, uh, you wanna go to Pop's with me?" I simply nod and he laughs a small but adorable laugh.

Walking into Pop's, welcomed by the ringing of the bell that hangs on the door, the smell of burgers and fries being cooked and the small whisper of conversations taking place throughout the diner. Sweet Pea leads me to a booth towards the back and sits across from me. After ordering our food I look to see him already looking at me. "What? What's wrong?" I say nervously, trying my best not to get lost into his dark eyes. He smiles and shrugs his shoulders, "Nothing. I don't even know myself." Is this guy for real? I'm gonna die if he keeps looking at me like that. Halfway through our meal and our debate conversation on who's better between Batman and Superman, the bells on the diner's door ring sharply as if someone had attempted to yank the door right off the hinges. I snap my head around and my eyes go wide. There I see my brother, Moose and Chuck walk into the diner, and my brother looks anything but pleased. I whip my head back around in case he hadn't seen me yet, but he had. I feel my arm being grabbed and I'm pulled out of the booth while Sweet Pea stands to try to interfere. Chuck and Moose push him back into the booth and Reggie holds my arm so tight I know it's going to bruise. Almost seeing the steam coming out of his ears, he tries to calm himself before speaking, "What, in the hell, are you doing with him?" Attempting, and failing, to free my arm I manage to squeak a reply, "We're just eating can you chill? You're hurting me." His grip doesn't falter, if anything it became tighter, he faces Sweet Pea and spills a string of threats and choice words about being near me and it just makes me angrier as he continues. I finally scrape his hand off my arm and get between him and SP, nervous as the other patrons are tuned in to what was unfolding. I stare at my brother and glare at Moose, I don't care that much of Chuck cause he's a douche, but Moose is like my second brother so I understand why he's on Reggie's side.

"Leave him alone," my voice unfortunately shaking as I know how my brother gets when he's beyond angry. He tilts his head as if he didn't hear me clearly, "Again with this? Gina let it go, you can get out of it this time." He goes to grab my arm again but I smack his hand away and glare at him, "I said, leave. Him. Alone." Reggie's expression goes cold, "What is it about these guys? Help me understand Gina. Why do you hang with creeps like-", "Because I like him!" I interrupt him, "I'm sick of you trying to tell me who I can and can't hang out with, or be friends with. I'm my own person Reggie, but you still treat me like I'm a child. I'm not a kid anymore, I don't need you to hold my hand 24/7, so leave us alone."

Reggie scoffs in disbelief and looks from me to Sweet Pea, "Fine, you wanna be a big girl and be left alone, then don't think of coming home tonight. Stay at one of your greaser snake's place, since they're so friendly with you. Traitor." He turns to leave following Chuck and Moose gives me a sad look as if to say sorry. Before he can tell me anything, Reggie yells to him to follow them out leaving me watching their backs, and realizing that my brother is serious this time.