Temporary Haven

It was already passed curfew when Richie helped you up and helped you pack all your things. You had one small suitcase. There weren't many things worth bringing.

You sat on your bed and shut the latches on your suitcase, Richie was looking around your house for any signs of your mother. He walked up to your room and leaned on the doorframe.

"Sorry, doll face, it's like she's vanished from sight," he said with a sigh. You sighed too and slumped your shoulders. "Well, it's not like I'd have been happy to see her anyway." He clicked his tongue and walked over to you. "You sure you got all your stuff?," he asked as he put his hands on your suitcase. "Mhm," you hummed with a nod.

"Okay," he said and picked it up with a strain. "Come on."

You pursed your lips and followed him downstairs. Both of you were covered in dirt and sweat and blood. You really just wanted to shower and fall asleep.

Richie tied the small suitcase to the back of his bike and helped you onto the seat. Luckily, the seat was big enough for both of you. He got his bike at a thrift shop and it was meant for adults. You were both fairly thin fourteen year-olds, so you fit on that large seat. Barely.

"You okay?" he asked, looking back at you. You stayed silent and looked at the ground. "Thought as much. Sorry," he said, putting one foot on a pedal. "Hold on tight, (Y/N)."

You hesitantly wrapped one of your arms around his waist and used the other one to hold a flashlight out in front of you two since it was getting dark.

The ride was silent and it was cold out tonight. Once you got to Richie's house, he parked his bike in his garage and insisted on taking your luggage upstairs. When you got inside, you noticed his house was eerily empty.

"Where are your parents, Tozier?" you asked, looking around as you followed him upstairs. "Oh," he mumbled. "They're never really home anymore."

He took you to his room and put your suitcase on the ground. You chuckled as you saw his room which was painted blue and filled with action figures, comic books, and VHS tapes.

"Hah, you epic dweeb," you said, making him flush and nervously laugh. "Welcome to my humble abode, toots. Stay as long as you'd like," he said with a wink. You smiled and rolled your eyes at him.

He gave you a little tour of his room, explaining every detail with some lame excuse for a British accent. You both laughed with each other as he helped you set up a cushion on the floor.

"I'll sleep here," he said, fixing the covers on the cushion beside his bed. "You can get my bed. Don't worry, it's clean....mostly."

You smiled and shook your head. "I'm just an intruder, I can't do that," you said. He gave you a crooked smile and pushed in his glasses. "Don't worry, you're more than welcome here, sweet cheeks," he said and wiggled his eyebrows. You fake groaned and punched his arm. "You're such a loser."

You both laughed as he stood up. "Well, I think it's about time we getcha cleaned up, toots," he said in a not-so-horrible Brooklyn accent. You sighed and looked at your blood-stained clothes. "Yeah, you're right. It's okay if I shower?" you asked, looking up at him.

"No problem. I've got extra towels in the bathroom. When you walk out, it's the first door to the right," he said with a soft smile. You smiled back at him. "Thanks, Richie," you said. "You gonna shower too?"

"Yeah," he replied. "I'll shower in my mom's room. It's not problem."

🎈🎈🎈🎈Later🎈🎈🎈🎈

You were sitting on Richie's bed, waiting for him to come in. You had an oversized black T-shirt on along with some black running shorts Richie picked out of his closet. He didn't have much that you could wear, but you decided to get your clothes from your house tomorrow.