Jesus

"For God is forgiving when you hold your sins up to him. But when you do- do not act upon those sinful fillings again. God will always forgive, but you must stay on the straight and narrow to prove your holy devotion to him!" The preacher said, holding onto the stand, "Some of you now act upon feelings of homosexuality, which Jesus would not be okay with. Jesus was no homo, and nor shall you. For we should live the life that Jesus lived- a life without sin or homo interactions. Are any of you homos that wished to be pure and return to Jesus?"

Why is Jesus so fucking picky? Sean thought to himself, why can't he just love me for me and get over himself?

Not so surprisingly, no one came forward. So the preacher sighed, looking across the room until his eyes met Jack's. His hand extended towards Jack, filling his stomach with fear.

"I feel God calling out to ya" the man said, "And he's begging ya ta repent your gay desires"

"I'm n-not gay" not stammered, looking at his family, "Non of me family ever has been"

"That's right, my boy is straight!" His mother preached, "My son is no homo or he wouldn't be no son of mine"

"Well Jesus calls him on his bluff. . . And his hand is forever extended in his direction. If you choose not to listen, that's fine. But not this, God knows your son better than you do"

When they got home, Sean was brained, and his family was concerned. Is their son really gay? That has to be impossible, surely? After all, he had never shown any signs and he's always talking about this new girlfriend of his.

Jack just ran upstairs and locked his bedroom down. Then threw himself out across the bed before bursting out crying. Dammit, they were too close to finding out the truth, why did this have to have happened? This is not fair! God, he felt so worried right now. . .

That's when he heard his phone buzzing, and he looked at the time. Mark should still be asleep. . . He took out his phone and checked his texts.

Mark: Daddy I had nightmare
Mark: Daddy's family found out and Daddy got really hurt
Mark: It made me so sad Daddy
Jack: Awe baby, it's okay
Jack: I did just have a real docking scare, though
Mark: Huh? What happened?
Jack: This freaking preacher picked me out as gay and said I needed ta repent for my sins
Jack: My family are now onto me
Jack: He's a 'messager' from God, apparently he knows his shit
Mark: They rwally believe that?
Mark: That silly
Jack: Fuck yeah it is
Mark: DADDY I IS SPACED, SWEAR ONE TIME AND WOO GO IN CORNER
Mark: NU IFS OR BUTS OR POUTS
Jack: Oopsy, sowwy baby
Jack: Daddy just real stressed ya see
Mark: It okai just nu more swearing.

Jack went to reply, but he was irrupted by a phone call. Softly, he sighed and picked up the call, "Hey?"

"Sean, it's ya Ma" she said in a soft voice, "We are gonna be going back ta the priest and see why he picked ya out. We need ta discuss this more but we don't think ya no homo. Mama raised a good, clean Christian boy. She knows ya no filthy homo. But for that time, I wanna keep ya contact with other men limited, yeah?"

"But why?" He whimpered, "I'd be really upset without my best friend around, and ya know I have a girlfriend. Anyway, even if I WAS gay, clearly I ain't acting on those feelings at all. But I don't have them anyway"

"I get what ya saying baby" she sighed softly, "Alright, ya can talk ta ya best friend. I know ya said he's very emotionally challenged after all that abuse, he probably shouldn't be left alone anyway"

"Okay, tank ya mum. I think, as long as I can contact him, I'll be fine"

With that, he hanged up and sighed, slumping back into bed. As long as he can keep this up, he should be fine. . .

. . . But how much longer can he honestly lie to his family?