Chapter 13: Paris, Je T'Aime

Warning! Sexytimes ahead! If you are young or have a heart condition, please do not board this Klaroline-o-plane.
————————————————————
Paris.

Caroline had dreamed about being in the City of Light and Love ever since she had seen Anastasia and Funny Face screened at the 100 seat cinema in Mystic Falls.

The city seemed so picturesque as they made their descent in the plane, and Klaus watched Caroline take in the sight, keeping their fingers interlocked loosely from where her hand had wound through his during a bout of turbulance. She was so distracted by seeing the Eifel Tower in the distant city haze ("Wow, Nik, this is wonderful.") that her grip was soft rather than clenching, and she forgot about the plane still being airborn until they landed with a slight bump.

Caroline glanced around. "Oh,"

Klaus chuckled under his breath, causing her to huff with exasperation at him. He lifted their entwined hands and kissed each of her slim fingers.

"Welcome to Paris."

They kept their hands linked even if it was difficult to work around, not willing to let the other go. Caroline secretly wondered if Klaus would even be capable of doing something so normal as handholding. She couldn't picture strolling down the street hand in hand with the biggest monster in the world. She couldn't picture strolling down the street hand in hand with a seductive man like Klaus.

"Love?"

Caroline was brought back to the image of Klaus looking at her expectantly, a wry smile on his face.

"Sorry?"

"I was just asking if you'd prefer to take a car or catch the train."

She raised her eyebrows. "Really? An Original wants to take the subway?"

"I find it fascinating." Klaus admitted. "And it's the easiest way to get to the apartment."

Caroline started walking towards the escalators with the train symbol hung above them, but stopped.

"Hold up. Apartment?"

"Yes."

"You own an apartment in Paris."

"It was an investment." He shrugged with a hint of an egotistical smile, pulling her forwards with him again.

The train was too much to navigate with hands clasped, and the pair had to reluctantly let go to maneuver their bags onto the train. Though there were a few scattered seats, they opted to stand together near the closed doors.

Caroline had never been on a moving, standing public transport train, and she lurched with every sudden stop.

Klaus chuckled slightly, smoothly wrapping his arm around her waist to anchor her against him. Caroline was startled by his suave move, but also pleased, and slowly leaned into his embrace, resting her head on his shoulder like it was the most natural thing in the world. And it really felt like it. She was so happy there in that moment.

Caroline was especially in favor of future train trips when a sudden halt brought her against Klaus' chest, trapping him between the wall and her soft form. He made a noise of contentment in the back of his throat that was far from soothing or peaceful, looking down at her through dark eyes that made her head swim.

"Sorry," She murmured, but didn't move away, her fingers fiddling with the collar of his jacket where her hands had flown up to balance herself.

"I'm not." He replied, holding her closer, ignoring the looks from some of the older travelers. It was Paris. Deal with it.