Chapter 20: Merry Klausmas

"I cannot believe you are doing this to me!" Eva exclaimed, trying to tug her wrist from Rebekah's hold.

"And I cannot believe you are making such a scene." Rebekah hissed, glancing around at the other arrivals passing through immigration around them.

"I don't care." Eva whined, her short blonde hair practically flying around her head in agitation. "I don't do Christmas. Especially not with the Mikaelsons. Especially not with Kol."

"Unless I say you do. And you do."

"You are such a controlling cat."

"And you are a seductive snake."

"And you two are driving me around the bend." Caroline huffed, standing on tiptoe to search the crowd for a familiar evil face. "Where the hell is that big bad man?"

"Please tell me that isn't your pet name for my brother." Rebekah groaned.

"Why do you jump to that conclusion first?" Caroline asked.

"Is that them?" Eva's eyes widened like saucers, ducking down behind the two mermaid hair blondes. Caroline on the other hand, jumped like she had just been electrocuted and ran towards the Mikaelson men, immediately jumping at vampire speed into Klaus' arms and enveloping herself in his embrace with a sigh.

"Missed me, love?" He chuckled into her curls.

"I'd never admit it out loud." She answered, but it was still enough of a confirmation to put a smirk on his face.

"Is that Eva?" Kol froze.

"Be nice, she's our guest." Elijah warned, and Kol's eyes popped.

"She's our what?"

"And we only brought the one car, looks like you may have to squish in the back seat Kol." Klaus grinned evilly, and Kol's eyes narrowed as he spun on him.

"I will tear you limb from limb."

"I'd like to see you try."

"You'll have to get past me first." Caroline warned, and Klaus instantly tried to put himself between her and his brother.

"Do we have to do this in an airport terminal?" Elijah said in a low tone as the two girls joined them, Eva doing so due to the fact that she was dragged by Rebekah. "Eva, wonderful to see you again." He smiled politely, then shot a glare at his brothers who were still throwing snide remarks at each other under their breath. "Please forgive my family for being so crass."

"Never mind, we all know I'm used to crass from over the years, particularly from some." Eva smiled sweetly, but Kol's ears turned red. Caroline was more than amazed. Eva had made Kol embarrassed? The woman must have a super power.

"Can we skip all this and get to the house? I'm so over airports." Rebekah huffed, and they all rolled their eyes but complied.

The car ride was interesting to say the least. Elijah refused to let anyone else drive ("It's an Aston Martin Classic, there is no way you are even touching the wheel, Kol.") and Rebekah claimed the passenger seat with such force that no one had the energy or the will to challenge her, which left Klaus and Caroline to happily canoodle in the back (or canoodle as much as someone like Klaus could) and left Kol and Eva to their silence.

"I still can't believe we're in London for Christmas." Caroline breathed, looking out the window at the many well-known attractions all covered in slightly slushy white snow.

"We fit in a little better here." Klaus said. "Now its you and Eva who stick out like sore thumbs."

"Eva always sticks out." Kol said, before visibly biting his tongue and refusing to take his eyes off the leather cover of the front seat even as he felt Eva's gaze hot on the side of his neck.