The Little Boy and the Bike

Once upon a time, in a land not so far a way, there was a little boy. He got a bicycle for Christmas one year, but was never able to ride it. Did he give up? No, this little boy was too stubborn. He never gave up. Each Saturday and Sunday he used to get on this bike and push down on the pedals. The bike never seemed to want to move.

Until, one day. It was late on a Sunday afternoon, when he ran to his parent's room and insisted that they take him and the bicycle outside.

"Come!" He shouted excitedly, "Please, Mommy-Daddy!"

They put their episode of Brooklyn 99 on pause and took their little boy outside. He loved being pushed up and down the road. Giggling and laughing. And his parents loved pushing him up and down the road, as they have done a thousand times before.

However, on this special day, something different happened. It was magical. It was beautiful. His parents were just too proud.

He started to peddle down the road. By himself. He peddled up the street. He peddled down the street.

The sun was fading, saying his goodbyes. It was time to go back inside. The boy and his parents carried the bike in to the yard, smiling. He ran up to his grandmother, who was watching proudly from the porch and said:

"Sky can ride bike!"

And hopefully, if we're lucky, the little boy (and his bike) will live happily ever after.