YF. 2. Kim Jisoo.

May. 12. 2017.
8:45

Jisoo blew her hot breath against the mirror, effectively fogging it up. She brought her finger up and wrote three words.

'It'll Get Better.'

Her arms supported her weight on the sink as she stared at herself in the mirror.

Jisoo's life was stagnant. Everyday, she did the same thing.

Wake up.
Shower.
Eat.
Work.
Eat.
Sleep. 

Nothing motivated her anymore. Every ounce of happiness came from hanging out with her equally dysfunctional group of friends.

She was still so young. But nothing about her life made her feel that way.

After being kicked out of her parents house, she was left to fend for herself.

Jisoo grabs her toothbrush and squirts a wad of toothpaste on it. While she brushes her teeth she leans on the doorframe of the bathroom.

"Ugh god what time is it?" Jennie groans sleepily while stretching.

Jisoo heads to the sink to spit before walking back into the bedroom. "It's 9 am." She says.

She sits down on the edge of the bed to put her shoes on. Jennie's arm snakes around her waist bringing a small smile onto her face.

"There might be left overs in the fridge if you're hungry." Jisoo says.

"It's okay. I'll get something on the way home." Jennie says sleepily.

"Do you mind locking up?"

"Of course not."

Jisoo holds Jennie's arm around her stomach and pats it reassuringly.

"I'm gonna head to work. I work late tonight too." Jisoo sighs. "I'll see you later okay?" She says while standing up.

"Okay," Jennie smiles softly.

"You were amazing as always." She says while giving her a small kiss. "stay as long as you want to. Call me if you need me." Jisoo says before grabbing her backpack and heading out the door.

Jennie sighs and lifts the covers higher up her naked body before falling back asleep.

•••

14:00

The warm summer sun shined brightly down onto her as she sat on the roof of the small building. She brought the back of her hand up to wipe the bead of sweat from her forehead.

Her lunch sat in front of her, cheap gas station chicken, as she took gulps of her water down her throat.

She'd have to head to her other job in an hour. Yet another gas station.

Jisoo let her brain wander, making a certain girl pop into her head. 

Jennie Kim.

She admired the younger girl greatly. She was charismatic, care free, and confident. All the qualities Jisoo longed for in a girl.

Jisoo knew that Jennie would be able to grow up and do great things. Her potential temporarily studded by the hard ships in her life.

Like every single girl in their group. Mental illness, alcoholism, abuse, trauma, drug addiction, you name it, they've dealt with it.

Each of them had their individual case. Ones they never really spoke about with each other.

None of them wanted to mix their euphoria with their Hell.

She sighs heavily as she checks the time. More work had to be done.

•••

00:00

The night was dead. The darkness surrounded her as she stood outside the gas station. Not a single car insight.

Her shift was going to end in less then 15 minutes anyways. Jisoo balances the water bottle on her shoulder out of boredom.

Bright head lights and loud music startled her before a black pick up truck pulled in.

Jisoo smiles, immediately recognizing the vehicle.

"Can we get a full tank for free?" Irene asks.

"Wish I could Unnie." Jisoo smiles before going over to the tank and pumping in gas.

"Jisoo yah! Got any more of that?" Lisa asks while sitting up from the bed of the truck.

"Of course. Here." Jisoo says while tossing her a lollipop.

"Thanks!"

Jisoo nods and head over to talk to Irene. "To what do I owe the pleasure?" She asks.

"Are you off soon?" Irene asks.

"In like 5 minutes." Jisoo shrugs.

"Sweet." Irene says. "We're heading out to the underground. You up for it?"

"Of course. Here hand me the camera." Jisoo smiles.

Irene poses for a photo and Jisoo takes it for her.

"Everyone's asleep Huh?" Jisoo chuckles as she waits for the photo to develop.

"Yupp. Except for Lisa."

"I'll be back, I'm heading to the washroom." Lisa says while hopping off the back of the truck.

Jisoo nods before Making her way to the passenger seat.

Tonight would be a good night.