YF. 4. Park Chaeyoung.

June. 3. 2017.

Silence surrounded Chaeyoung as she sat on the couch with her guitar in her lap. It was early afternoon and she'd be heading out soon.

"Hey, you're awake." Chaeyoung smiles, setting her guitar aside.

The little boy rubs his eyes and sleepily walks over to her. "Hi." He says sleepily.

Chaeyoung lifts the five year old into her lap and lets his head rest against her chest.

"Do you feel okay? Your head is a little warm." Chaeyoung says.

"I'm okay." He yawns. "When is mommy coming home?"

Chaeyoung looks at her watch to check the time. "She should be back soon buddy." She sighs.

They sit in silence for awhile. Chaeyoung thinks he falls back asleep but his small voice tells her otherwise.

"Rosie..." He whispers.

"Yes Jaemin?"

"Why don't I have a dad?"

A lump forms in Chaeyoung's throat but luckily the door to their small apartment opens, interrupting them.

"Eomma!" Jaemin smiles quickly moving off of her lap to run to the door.

"Hi baby!"

Chaeyoung looks over to the door and smiles at them. Jaemin was always happiest in his mother's arms.

Chaeyoung stands up to greet her sister. "Hey, How was work?"

"Um it was okay." Alice says.

Chaeyoung nods but she can see the uneasy look in her eyes meaning they'll talk about it later. When Jaemin wasn't with them. He was only five but it's amazing what children absorb.

"Okay well, he just woke up from a nap, we have yet to eat anything though." Chaeyoung says.

"Amazing, thank you so much Chae." Alice smiles gratefully.

"You're welcome. I'm gonna head out now, I'll be back late I think." Chaeyoung says, while grabbing her backpack.

"Jaemin, why don't you go play for a bit." Alice says while putting him down.

"Okay mommy."

Once he runs into the other room, Alice turns back to Chaeyoung, embracing her in a hug.

"Unnie What happened?" Chaeyoung says hugging her back.

"Nothing...I just, I worry about you." Alice whispers.

"I'm okay. We'll be okay." Chaeyoung assures.

Alice had Jaemin at a young age, as a result of sexual assault. Their parents did their best to support her through it but passed away in a car accident the same night Jae was being born.

They lived in a small two bedroom apartment, on the west side of town. It was tough keeping afloat, but they managed.

"I'll be back." Chaeyoung assures.

"Okay. Stay safe."

•••

"Yah Park Chaeyoung!" Lisa greets, happily wrapping her arm around her shoulder.

"Hey," Chaeyoung smiles.

"Everyone Get In!" Irene shouts and they all hop into the pick up truck.

Some piled into the back of the trunk while some piled inside. Irene drove while Seulgi sat in the passenger seat.

"Lets sit in the back." Lisa says pulling Chaeyoung.