Chapter 31

Leia did not want to deal with any more meetings, standing around talking about battles, being expected to know anything significant about military strategy.

Especially not this early in the morning.

So she decided to just not go.

After all it wasn't like she was actually part of this war effort.

The Sith needed to be defeated, but she wouldn't accomplish that by participating in military strategy meetings. No, she'd be of best assistance confronting the Sith directly.

She'd already fought in an actual battle in an actual war for them just yesterday. She'd dueled against a Sith Lord! An actual real Sith Lord! She'd more than earned a day off from strategy and meetings.

Well ok, far more than just a single day off, since she'd be taking Luke to Dagobah with her as soon as she could.

Which was only responsible of her, really. After all, if anyone in this dimension wanted to have half a chance of defeating the Sith who'd taken over their government, they'd need Luke as well trained as possible.

Which reminded her, she should probably track Luke down and spend the morning training him.

Leia wandered through the base, looking for her twin's counterpart, but unfortunately Luke did not seem to want her to find him. She couldn't even locate his presence in the Force. Where had he gone?

She felt a tug towards a doorway at the end of a fairly empty hall, and she quickened her pace, hoping she had found Luke.

The door slid open to reveal a very large, yet empty room. She recognized it, Luke's training room, the one he had taken her to on her first full day here. The room really was empty, the only things in it were the cabinet against the wall and a pile of training remotes.

Leaning against the wall, Leia sighed, frustrated.

She was pleased to have found this place, but disappointed that Luke was not here.

"You seem troubled, young Padawan."

She glanced up, a smile overtaking her face. The translucent figure of Obi-Wan Kenobi had joined her in the room.

"I am trying to find Luke, but he doesn't seem to want to be found," Leia said.

"Ah, yes. He is remarkably good at hiding, if I recall." The ghost wistfully nodded his head. "That boy once managed to avoid his aunt and uncle for a full week on Tatooine."

"You were with him on Tatooine?"

"Yes, I spent the past two decades watching over him."

"So you were close with Luke while he was growing up?" She wanted to believe one member of her family had been there for at least one of them while they were young.

"Oh no, no. Not at all!" Uncle Obi seemed surprised by her assumption."I only know about that particular incident because Owen thought I was responsible. Came by my hut and threatened to shoot me due to Luke's absence." Uncle Obi laughed, as if being threatened was a minor matter. "I had to explain to him, not for the first time mind you, that I was the one who brought Luke to him. Their home was precisely where I wanted him to be. Why else would either of us have been on that dreadful planet? Why would I take him away?"

Why had he chosen that sand covered rock as their hiding place in the first place?

But the answer to that question would undoubtedly be long and involved, and she wanted him to help her find Luke now .