Chapter Sixteen.

Wow I'm bad at an updating schedule, sorry about that. Anyways, I hope you guys will enjoy this new chapter! I love reading all of the comments, it really motivates me and makes me enjoy writing this story even more. So please continue to vote and comment!

I was always thinking about doing a ask the author kind of a thing. So if you want to do that, then comment down a question below and if I get enough questions, I'll do that. 

Anyways, enough of me. Enjoy the chapter!

 "Shit!" Sam yelled, breaking into a sprint with Ellie following closely behind. She glanced behind her, seeing two large and burly guys running closely behind, them having guns. Their uniforms said police, which was never good.

"In here!" Ellie grabbed Sam's arm before he could run past it, yanking him into a small alley and started to run down there, reaching the end and climbing up on to the dumpster. "Come on, the roofs are the best bet." She cupped her hands together and boosted Sam up.

Once he got on to the ledge and climbed up on the roof he extended his hand out for Ellie to grab, her jumping up and grabbing his arm, letting out a grunt as he pulled her up on the roof. The police officers started to wander around the area that the lost the two in, until one of them saw Ellie dangling from the side of the building for a moment.

As Ellie got pulled up on the roof, the sprinted across the roof. Sam, without fear, jumped across and on to the next building, landing on his feet and rolling before scrambling back up and started to run. Ellie hesitated for a moment once she reached the edge. She chewed on her lip, turning around before running and jumping, Ellie letting out a cry of pain as she hit the edge of the next building over, the middle of her chest hit the edge hard and she felt this burning pain. "Sam!" Ellie yelled, struggling to pull herself up as the two police officers began to climb up the side of the first building.

Sam halted, turning around and seeing Ellie. His eyes grew wide and ran to her, quickly pulling Ellie up and on to the roof. "Come on!" he grabbed her arm and pulled her to the side of the building and jumped off on to a cart full of hay, landing nicely before getting off of the cart. There was a vegetable stand right next to the cart, Sam bumping into the tomatoes. It was Ellie's turn now, this time she didn't hesitate as she jumped off and on the cart of hay.

When Ellie hit the cart, she was pulled up by Sam and quickly rushed into an empty building. Both of them were out of breath, Ellie holding her rib as she laid down on the ground.

Sam let out a breathy laugh, holding up the bracelet. "Well, that was fun, wasn't it?" He looked over at Ellie, who shot him a dirty look. "What? Everything went alright!" He defended himself, Ellie didn't have to even say anything as he knew that look.

"That's your definition of 'alright?!' Ellie sat up, blowing her curly and frizzy hair out of the way. "We got chased by the police, jumped a across a building and on to a hay pile. Also, I'm pretty sure I bruised my rib."

"Ah, you're fine." He tossed her the bracelet which she caught, huffing a little bit. She slid it on her wrist, the pearl in the center gleaming in the light. It was beautiful, no doubt, but Ellie wasn't sure it was worth it.

She opened her mouth to say something, but the door was thrown open and a gun was suddenly in Ellie's face. She held in a breath as her eyes were trained on the barrel of the gun. Ellie swallowed hard.

"Get up! Hands on your head!" The man screamed, Ellie slowly rising to her feet and put her hand on her head. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Sam do the same thing. He went pale, and didn't take his eyes off of the gun.