Forgive and forget

Chapter 5

"Can you believe they did that?" Sakura screeched as she paced her living room. "They acted like kids! Like only their lives were changing and not mine! Ugh!" She plopped herself on the couch next to Ino. "Men!"

Ino patted her hand, sympathetically. "Well, maybe they're also fighting for your affections?"

"I mean, how did Sasuke found out I was pregnant anyway?" Sakura continued, oblivious to Ino's statement. "It's not like anyone told him. Ooohh!" She pointed her finger at the air. "Someone did tell him!"

"Y-You know, it's not hard to figure out you're pregnant," Ino stammered, rather nervously. "You're getting big you know."

"But I haven't seen Sasuke since the night we broke up! I've avoided him not just because I never wanted to see his face again, but also because of this!"

"Maybe he saw you?"

"Can't be, I was extra cautious. I've been in shinobi mode for the past three months! I would feel his chakra immediately!" Sakura growled. "When I find out who told him, I'll kill 'em!"

Ino laughed, nervously. "R-Right..."

Finally noticing the tension in the blonde's voice, Sakura gave her a suspicious look. Ino looked guilty. Very guilty. As if she did something that would insure somebody's wrath... specifically Sakura's wrath.

The pinkette's eyes widened in realization. "You didn't!"

Ino shook her head and waved her hands in front of her in denial. "N-No...! It was an accident. In my defense, Tenten-san, Lee-san, and I didn't know he was there until it was too late!"

Sakura's eyes narrowed. "What were the three of you doing talking about my pregnancy in public? Shishou told you this was a private matter!"

"We weren't in public," Ino defended. "We were at the flower shop and we were talking about your... we were talking about gifts for the baby when it's born and we didn't notice him come in."

In frustration, Sakura shrieked. "Why didn't you freakin' tell me?"

"Uh... 'Cause it happened yesterday and I couldn't find you. The next thing I knew, you called me over today and told me that your ex and the father of your baby almost killed each other yesterday." Ino grinned, guiltily. "I'm... I mean, we're sorry... Uh... Half-price on your future purchases at the Yamanaka Flower Shop?"

Sakura growled, her fists clenched.

"Okay... Free flowers for the next year! Just don't hurt me!"

Breathing heavily, Sakura closed her eyes and lowered her fists to her lap. Slowly, she inhaled and exhaled, inhaled and exhaled. Finally, her head cooled down and she sighed in relief.

"You better be happy I'm pregnant and stress isn't good for the baby," she mumbled before burying her face in her hands.

Ino bit her lip and placed an arm around her friend. "Gomenasai, Sakura. You can blame me all you want. But you knew you couldn't keep this from Sasuke forever. He was gonna find out somehow and it's better now than later, right?"

Lowering her hands, Sakura sighed in acceptance. "I guess you're right. Sasuke would have found out one way or another." She flashed the blonde a small smile in gratitude. "Thanks and I'm sorry pig, you're a great friend ."

"No problem, forehead."

The doorbell buzzed, interrupting the friendship moment between the two kunoichi. Ino got up and looked out the peephole before turning back to Sakura.