EPILOGUE

"She's asleep?" Juliana asked from somewhere behind Junko.

"Not yet. But I'm glad she stopped crying. Poor baby is hungry." Junko kissed Amelie's cottony pink cheek.

July passed her the milk bottle.

"Thanks." She smiled and looked at Amelie in her arms. She was a bundle of cotton, and her wide, wet eyes were gleaming in a pale blue hue. "Hey, sweetie. Your milk is here." She grinned and wiggled the bottle in front of her. Her red, small mouth circled in excitement. Her legs were jerking weakly against her lap.

"You should take it easy, Junko. You're still recuperating." Juliana rubbed her back and passed another bottle to her two-year-old son.

Jules snatched it and snuggled into his father's lap to drink his dinner.

"I'm fine, July. She's two months old. I can handle her." Junko twirled Amelie's blonde hair gently around her finger, feeding her the milk. Her small lips were sucking it noisily.

"If you say so." She smiled. "When are they coming? I'm excited to see your brothers. Jules must be happy to have boy cousins to play with now." She looked at her son. He was a tiny version of Alex, but with hair as blond as Luuk's.

"He has been pestering us to come here to meet the boys." Alex stroked Jules' wavy hair when the boy finished his milk. "We'll leave as soon as we get to meet the kids. You need to rest."

"No. Please, I appreciate your visit. Stay another night. Thank you for staying here while Luuk's away." Junko laughed weakly, trying hard not to put any pressure on her sore abdomen.

She had to make sure Luuk avoided his unnecessary wit this week because it hurt when she laughed, which resulted in him not talking most of the time. He had said she had a weird sense of humor because she would laugh almost every time Luuk opened his mouth.

Luuk would come back from Portugal with her family from the airport in a while. After almost two years, they had managed to prepare all documents necessary to foster her brothers and for their American residency, together with her stepmother. Some decisions changed throughout the year, so they decided to let them stay in Fremont with them at Luuk's mansion. Her mansion. Luuk transferred the ownership to Junko after they got married eight months ago. He was still crazy with his impulsive decisions to waste millions of dollars on her.

"Daddy, Uncle Luuk is here!" Alex's son fled from the living room, pointing toward the door.

Junko put the empty bottle aside and returned Amelie to her mother. "I'll be back." It had been five days since she last stepped out of the house. She wasn't looking forward to anything this week except for her brothers. Her now legal kids.

Carlito ran to her and hugged her legs as soon as he reached the entrance. "Irmã!" [Sister!]

"Hi, Carlito." Junko bent over and hugged him tightly. "Senti a tua falta. Onde está o Christian?" [I've missed you. Where's Christian?]

"Sleep!" He pointed to the car. Then he ran into the house when Purple and Green barked at him. The puppies had now reached his height. He followed the dogs into the backyard.

"Be careful. Don't run around the pool."

He shouted OK without looking back.

The kids had been learning English, and they were learning fast.

"It's fine, Benedita. I'll take him," Luuk said to Benedita. Luuk unfastened Christian's seatbelt. A small giggle escaped him when Luuk carried the sleeping boy in his arms with a small grimace.

"Hey, Junko." Benedita touched her arm.

"Hi, Benedita." She hugged her stepmother. "Sorry I couldn't go to Portugal with Luuk."