Solstice

Prologue: 15 years ago: Solstice’s P.O.V.

        Usually when I woke up, everything in the world would be silent, because I woke up before my mommy and my daddy and even before the sun too. But that morning was different, there was a deep, loud panting noise coming from outside. I got up and stretched, my crème colored pajama’s pulled away from the floor as my bones popped. Slowly I started to walk out of my room and into the kitchen silently. As I walked the panting noise got louder and louder.

    Mommy and Daddy were still asleep in their room so I decided to go investigate. I opened the door and gasped quietly when I saw a huge black wolf with white fur on its chest. It was lying on my porch with an arrow in it’s shoulder and blood pooling on the ground and it let out a low whine and I stepped closer. My little three year old mind told me, he needs help, you can help him. I stepped on a twig and his head snapped up, his eyes mesmerized me they were a beautiful amber.

    I stepped closer, feeling completely safe with this wolf. I ran inside and grabbed the first aid kit and I ran back to him and a voice whispered in my mind, ‘Pull the arrow out little one, then take the gauze and press it against the wound until I say other wise then I will tell you what to do’. I nodded pulled the arrow out, then immediately pressing the gauze against the wound and soon the voice came back, ‘Keep that gauze there and wrap the roll gauze around it and then secure it like this’ a picture appeared in my mind and I finished. The wolf stood up shakily, and I stayed sitting on the ground, my crème colored gown spattered with blood. ‘Thank you little one’ The voice spoke again and the wolf stepped closer and rubbed my cheek with their muzzle.

     I giggled and petted the wolf’s muzzle and the wolf licked my face. A howl sounded from the woods and the wolf howled back before leaning down, licking my lips, and the voice sounded in my head again. ‘I must go now small human, I’ll come see you again, some day’ The voice said and I noticed it sounded like a young man’s like the guys who worked for daddy in the summer time. I nodded, kissing the wolf’s muzzle one more time before going inside, waving to the wolf as it ran into the forest behind my house. Mommy and daddy woke up after that, mommy screamed when she saw me sitting on the back porch with blood on my new night gown.

    I didn’t notice at first, because I was touching my lips softly while looking out at the forest. All that ran through my mind was I lost my first kiss to a wolf…