Solstice: Chapter Five

Chapter Five: Solstice’s P.O.V.

    I got home, jumping off my bike with the bag in my hand from the gothic store, who’s name was Sonya’s Place. I swung my bag, waving to the black wolf who I remember took my first kiss. He was sitting on my front porch with a tortured expression. “Hi sweetie” I said, kneeling down and kissing his snout softly. The wolf made a tortured sound and I jerked away. “Oh dammit! Did I hurt you? Oh I’m so sorry Mr. Wolf.” I yelped and the wolf made a kinda wolfish smile and pawed at my hand, trying to pull me closer.

     I moved closer and the wolf licked my lips before running into the forest, looking back at me every few seconds. I shrugged, touching my lips softly as I stood up and walked to my front door. “Oh how I wish a boy would kiss me like that” I groaned and went to turn on the tub because the leggings stopped just under my knee and I didn’t shave this morning.

~

    I sat on the edge of the tub in a pair of black girl boxers and my strapless black bra shaving when my phone went off. “Dammit” I groaned grabbing it and flipping it open. “Hello?” I asked and I heard loud club music in the back round. “Baby girl! Wassup? I thought I’d call you since I finally got away from the guy chasing me all night!” Terry yelled, obviously drunk off his ass. I sighed and brushed my bangs back, “Terry what is wrong with you” I grumbled shaking my head.

     “What was that Sol?! It’s to damn loud in here, screw it I found a sexy gay guy who’s sober and we’re gonna head to his place! Love ya” He yelled, hanging up and I laughed. “What a weirdo” I shook my head before continuing to shave my legs and drying off. I smiled to myself as I sung to myself. “Time doesn't fly It makes memories you said "close your eyes and please remember me" I didn't say goodbye so now your taunting me I wish you never died without you I feel so empty. déjà vu. You used to say that I'd miss you when your gone you were so right seeing you hurt felt so wrong. But sometimes when I'm alone I get this feeling and I know your spirit has carried on. Ghost from my past you've come back like a haunting. I get these chills when I sense you all around me, you left this world behind and I miss you dearly. I can hear the echoes of you it's just like déjà vu. You forever changed the stars, I can see so clearly. All these things I say are true it's just like déjà vu.  I still feel you coming through my imagination or the truth” I finished as I pulled my legging out of the bag, slipping them on and lacing the sides up. I grabbed the dress next and pulled it over my head, still humming Deja Vu because it was getting closed to my mom’s…well the day she passed away.

    I didn’t count my brother, he died before I could make myself go to the hospital to see him. My dad had been devastated but he got over it after the baby and my mother had been buried. I tugged a few stray wrinkles out of the dress which flowed down to about 3 inches above my knee and I grabbed my bow and plugs, slipping the bugs into my ears first then going to the mirror. I lined my eyes lightly with little wings at the corners of my eyes and then slid in the bow. I fastened the choker around my neck before slipping on the ballet flats Onyx gave me and I smiled at my reflection. I looked like myself but fancy enough for a first meeting.

    I slid my phone after reading the text I had gotten from Mary while dressing, she was on her way up my drive way. I didn’t know how she knew where I lived but I didn’t really care. “Hey Mary” I said smiling happily at her as I climbed up into her huge brand new hot pink pick up truck. “Hey Solstice” She said, smiling back while she looked at my outfit. “You look great, we’re eating with some friends of my parent’s tonight, so just be respectful alright?” She said and I nodded.

     “Yeah sure” I said before looking out the window as she chattered about nothing of real interest until we pulled up to a huge cabin. “Come on” She squealed and we both hopped out of the truck. “Mom! Dad! I brought my friend Solstice” She yelled and a woman who looked like an older version of Mary walked into the foyer and smiled a little stiffly. “Mary, remember who our guests are. It’s a pleasure to meet you Solstice, we’re eating in the dinning room. Dinner is about to be served but I’ll introduce you to everyone.” She said walking away and we followed her. Mary looked at me apologetically before moving ahead of me to whisper in her mom’s ear.

    Her mother just gave her the cold shoulder as we walked into the dining room and I looked down at my hands, playing with the bottom of my faux corset. “Hello everyone, Mary brought home a friend. Her name is Solstice, say hello to everyone sweetheart” Mary’s mother said, her voice going from cold and flat to warm and maternal. I looked up and smiled at the five other people in the room, sitting at the table. “Hel-” I stopped dead when my eyes locked on a pair of heated amber eyes.

     “Solstice” Mary whispered shaking my shoulder and I jumped. “I’m so sorry” I yelped, noticing everyone staring at me oddly. “it’s alright dear, my son can be a little startling at first glance” Mary’s Mother said. Which was kinda true, the attractive boy…no man was huge. A wide chest as well as wide muscular arms and a sharp but attractive face.

    “Yes…” I whispered and we sat. “Well how about we go around the table and introduce ourselves.” The other woman at the table said. She smiled warmly at me, not fakely like Mary’s mother. “I’ll start, I’m Katherine, but every one calls me Katie.” She said and I nodded. The man beside her nodded at me, “I’m Manson, Katie’s husband, everyone calls me Man or Mr. Man” He said smiling, his black beard moving as he did.

    “I’m Mason” The younger man who had almost the same shade red brown hair as I did said, smiling a bit stiffly at me. “I’m Lola” The girl beside him spat, her dark black-blue hair curled perfectly as her grey eyes glared at me. I raised my eyebrow at her, “I’m Mary as you know” Mary said giggling as she smiled at me and I smiled back. “I’m Max” The man who shocked me when I walked in said in a deep gruff voice as he stared at me with those oddly familiar eyes. “I’m Anne” Mary’s mother said, her fake sugary voice still in place.

     And lastly the man I sat beside turned and smiled at me, “And I’m Grayson! Nice to meet ya girly” He said, he had the same amber eyes and black hair as Max. “Nice to meet you all” I said looking down at my lap. Hoping and praying my phone didn’t go off during dinner since it was in it’s holder which was holding on to her leggings. “So, Solstice how old are you?” Katie asked as the salad was served and dressings were passed around. I nervously pushed some of my hair behind my ear, forgetting I had gauges for a minute. “I’m just 18” I said looking at her and only her, since three gazes burned into me from the other side of the table.

    “Oh did you move here with your family? I don’t think you would have not been noticed before by us. We’ve been here for 7 years” Katie said. “Me and my dad moved away when I was 9 years old because my mom died during labor and the baby she gave birth to died two days later” I said quietly and the whole table became quiet. “Oh Solstice I’m so sorry” Mary said.  I shrugged and smiled sadly, “it’s alright, 9 years have pasted and I’m fine. Anyways I’m only supposed to be here for the summer, but I have a job being set up for me and a home that’s in my name. So I might just stay here since I’m finished with school” I said shrugging. “Where’s your dad? Did he abandon you here because he didn’t want to deal with you” Lola said and I looked at her with a flat expression. “More like I look exactly like my mother, which if you went to the high school here you would see her name on atleast 9 cheerleading trophies, multiple honor roll plaques, and she was valedictorian. My father holds the records for fastest mile in track and field and he is the reason the football team made it to state his senior year” I said, my voice dead flat and both of the guys jaws dropped as well as Lola’s.

     “Y-your mom was Leia Oxford and your dad was Peter Stonewall?” Mason asked and I nodded. “Holy shi-” Max said before Mary slapped her hand over his mouth. “Well with such popular parents you sure turned into a freak, I mean look at those guages and who dresses like that anymore” Lola said, gaining back her personality. “I may not be popular but I could kick your ass in any parkour aka free running activity you could through at me” I said smiling.  “You’re fucking on” Lola yelled and everyone gasped.

    “Solstice no! You’ll get your ass whooped” Mary whispered and I laughed. “I know what I’m doing” I smiled and stood up. “Let’s  do this now Lola” I said, saying her name tauntingly. She growled her grey eyes turning silver, “Fine meet me at the Parkour Gym in 1 hour and if you loose I’m going to kick your ass you bitch” Lola said, all the adults gasping. I smirked, “Deal” I said. “Hey Mary can you drive me home. I cannot Parkour in this dress”.

     She nodded and stood up when a gruff voice spoke up. “I’ll drive her Mary”, I looked and saw it was the man who’s eyes shocked me into stillness, Max.