Chapter 13

LAUREN'S POV

"So...." I looked up at her with my face flushed and so was hers.

"Let's talk about this later okay? For now, we better get our asses out there before Dinah comes back in here and gives us a poly beat down." She said jokingly and I nodded, rolling my eye. "You know how she gets when she is hungry." Camila said, rolling her eyes as she gently took my hand and led us out of the washroom.

-

"So girly, how did the whole thing go with principal Horan?" Dinah asked, while chewing the pizza in her mouth.

"Well...to my surprise, he was actually pretty chill about it all. I wasn't referred to the school counsellor or sent for detention." I said, looking down as I twiddled with my fingers.

"But I do have to see him after school every Monday and I have yet to know why." I shrugged, still looking down. But my attention was brought back by the Cuban sitting next to me when I felt her hand on top of mine, interlacing them together as she gave me a soft smile.

"You for real, dwag? How are you not in trouble? You beat the crap out of that dorito boy, real bad. You should've seen his face man, I mean if there is still one to see." Dinah joked lightly before she winced in pain.

"What the hell was that for Chancho?" She said, glaring at Camila."Drop the subject, will you?" Camila glared back at her. "Actually it's alright Camz, I gotta be honest with you though. It felt so great almost breaking his face." I said causing Dinah to laugh as Camila let go of my hand from under the table and hit my shoulder and glared over at Dinah again. Causing her to stop laughing as she raised both her hands up in the air.

"That's not funny, I sworn by the look on your face you could've killed him." She frowned.

"But I didn't." I retorted.

"And if you did? You'd probably be sent to jail or something, you idiot." She said angrily.

"Well at least I stood up for you when you couldn't, so why can't you be thankful that I did?!" I yelled at her, but immediately regretted doing so when I saw tears forming in her eyes.

"Camila I-" Before I could stop her, she had already left Dinah and I in the booth, running out of the pizza restaurant.

"FUCK!" I yelled, slamming my hands on the table. "You're a fucking idiot Lauren." I scolded myself. The whole scene had caused many people inside to start gossiping and looking over at us. "WHAT THE HELL ARE YALL LOOKING AT? SHUT THE FUCK UP AND MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!" I shouted. The whole restaurant became quiet as everybody turned their attention back to whatever they were doing.

"Lauren..." The Polynesian girl said trying to get my attention but I ignored her and kept my head hung low. "Hey look at me Laur, if it makes you feel any better. I could always use another poly beat down partner." Dinah laughed, making me smiled a little. "Ahhh there's that beautiful smile." Dinah said smiling back at me.

"Okay but on a serious note though, I know Mila can come off as a really unappreciative and rude person sometimes or maybe all of the time but it isn't easy for her, especially with everything that she has been going through. Things like this is kinda new to her I guess?" Dinah shrugged. "What do you mean by things like this?" I questioned out of curiosity. "Well I guess you can say having someone else who connects with her in a different way, being there for her and such." I looked at Dinah, completely lost.