Part 7

For hopefully more distorted squeaky-toy noises Proxy_Neko!

"I thought you were Isaac earlier, you know", Stiles told Derek as he was lying in the man's arms on the ground of the woods, leaning against the rock they have been sitting on earlier.
"He immediatly got up to go after you", Derek said "I held him back and said that I wanted to go. He nodded, but Scott tried to hold me back because he thought I would be angry at you".
"Scott is weird like that. One second he blurts out your secrets and next he tries to protect you", Stiles sighed.
"He really felt sorry. Isaac had to hold him back so I could leave", Derek confessed and Stiles laughed.
"He has a good heart, but his brain isn't always working the way it should", Stiles shrugged.
"Why did you leave anyway?", Derek asked "the loft I mean, not the room". "I needed to get some room, some air. Time to think I guess or not think at all. If I had gone upstairs I would have had to face everyone at some point. I needed to get away from your werewolf hearing or everyone would have heard me sobbing", it was Stiles' turn to confess.
"I understand", Derek nodded "I like this place. I came here with Laura often".
"You did?", Stiles smiled about Derek talking about his family.
"Yeah quite a lot, actually", he smiled faintly at the memory "you would have liked her. She was beautiful and strong and she was always there when I needed her the most". Derek's stare zoned out a bit as he was remembering his sister.
"Oh, I'm sure I would have loved her", Stiles grinned "she sounds exactly like you".
"She was better", Derek said.
"I doubt that", Stiles lifted his head to look at Derek "she might have been great, but I doubt there could be someone better than you". Derek's expression softened as he smiled at him.
"She always hoped for me to find my mate someday", Derek explained "she would be so happy to know it's you". Stiles kissed his lips softly.
"So a mate is like a werewolf boyfriend, is it?", Stiles asked curious. "It's more than that, really. Werewolves mate for life. If we complete the mating process we are kind of married in the werewolf world. Of course you could leave, but me and my wolf would never find another mate", Derek tried to explain it "I know this sounds weird".
"So, basically what you are saying is that when we complete this ominous mating ritual, you are stuck with me for life", Stiles wiggled his eyebrows. "Yeah, that's it", Derek laughed in relief.
"What is that ritual or process?", Stiles asked again curiousity getting the best of him.
"Ummm...", Derek actually blushed "it's about sex".
"Really?", Stiles was surprised "having sex makes you married for life?" "Well, it's not quite that easy. You have to have sex on a full moon for the mating process and I have to mark you as mine", Derek explained further.
"Mark me?", Stiles asked.
"I would have to bite you", Derek confessed.
"So I have to turn?", Stiles asked shocked.
"No, actually the mating bite won't turn you. Don't ask me why, but it's true. My dad was a human until he died", Derek admit.
"Good. Don't get me wrong, I love all of you wolves but I like to be human", Stiles told him.
"I like you being human too", Derek kissed his forehead "I wouldn't want it any other way".
"So your parents were mates too?", Stiles spoke up after a few seconds. "Yeah, they were. My dad was confused about everything, he told me. But he got the hang of all this werewolf stuff. He did great, like you do. He was the one who told me about mating actually. That I shouldn't be afraid to mate with a human", Derek spoke of his father rather fondly "he was a great dad". Stiles smiled sadly. He was happy for Derek but sad when he thought about his own father.
"I'm sorry", Derek said as he sniffed the change of emotion in the air.
"It's not your fault", Stiles said and cuddled up to him again "I still love him you know. We've been through a lot of things together. And until a few weeks ago, he has always been there for me. I can't just hate him".
"I would be concerned if you would", Derek whispered in his ear and kissed his temple. They sat there for quite some time until Stiles started to shiver.
"Shall we go home?", Derek asked him.
"I don't know", Stiles said "I don't want to be stared at, you know?"
"I would say it is because you look so damn good", Derek stated and Stiles looked at him shocked.
"Derek Hale telling me I am looking good. I thought I'd never see the day", he joked.
"Well you do", Derek admit.
"Thanks. To say you look good would be just an understatement", Stiles eyed Derek who blushed a little. "Anyways", Derek then said to cover up his blush "if anyone says something I'll just tell them to shut up".
"Yeah okay", Stiles agreed and they made their way to the Jeep.
"One thing", Stiles suddenly said. "What is it?", Derek raised an eyebrow at him. "You said that Isaac wanted to come, but let you go although he knew that Scott thought you would be angry at me. That's kinda weird", Stiles stated.
"Isaac knows me better than Scott does. He knew I wouldn't hurt you, so he trusted me to come after you".
"I really admire how Isaac can still trust people after all", Stiles smiled. "When I said he knew I wouldn't hurt you I meant that he really knew, not suspected it or anything. He knew I wouldn't do anything to you because I told him that I love you a while ago", Derek shrugged.
"You did?", Stiles smiled knowing that Derek wasn't ashamed of his feelings towards him "well at least one of our friends can keep his mouth shut". They both laughed and got inside the car to drive home.