Part 9

Stiles tossed and turned in his sleep. Although he was with Derek now, he couldn't shake the panic off. The words his father said to him, the pain, it all haunted him in his dreams and took the sleep from him.

This night was particularly bad. Stiles was sweating and screaming. Never kicking though, because even in his dreams he would never do harm to his father. The man that raised him and loved him. At least until recently.

Derek woke up from Stiles' screaming next to him and immediatly pulled him in his arms.

"Stiles? Stiles wake up", Derek whispered.

Stiles breathed heavily but slowly opened his eyes. He blinked a few times before turning in Derek's arms to look at him.

"What happened?", Stiles asked his voice raspy from screaming in his sleep. His cheeks were wet from the tears that slipped out.

"You were screaming and crying again", Derek kissed his forehead.

"I am sorry I woke you up", Stiles sighed.

"Don't worry about that", Derek said "how are you feeling? Do we have to prepare for a panic attack?"

"No, I am just feeling really...", Stiles paused to voice his feelings "...sad".

"I see", Derek nodded "is there anything I can do about it?"

"No. I don't even know if there is anything I can do about it", Stiles leaned back against him "after everything that has happened I still can't hate him".

"Maybe that's why you struggle so much", Derek held him tighter "because you feel conflicted".

"I can't change that", Stiles sighed loudly "I still love him. He's still my dad".

"Maybe you need to tell him", Derek suggested "not for his sake but for yours. To show him that you are still the same".

"I am afraid to meet him, Derek", Stiles shivered just thinking about it.

"You won't go there alone", Derek kissed him again "I will be there with you".

"But I need to talk to him alone", Stiles  whispered "I want to be able to tell him on my own".

"Can I wait outside and jump in if he comes too close to you?", Derek asked.

"You would do that anyway soooo yeah", Stiles huffed "thank you Derek".

"Everything for you", Derek smiled "but let's try to sleep some more now, okay? We will drive in the morning".

"Yeah, okay", Stiles mumbled as he slipped into a soft sleep already.

So he made a decision. He would go home tomorrow. No, not home. Home was here, right in Derek's arms. But he would go to what home once meant and face his dad.

He took a deep breath as he was standing in front of the door.

"You can do this", Derek said as he kissed him "I will wait over at the car. From there I can see right inside your living room. Make sure to stay there. When you need me just scream, okay?"

"Yeah, okay", Stiles hugged him close "thank you".

Derek kissed his head once again and then walked over to the car.

Stiles' hand shivered as he turned the doorknob to walk inside.

"Hello?", Stiles asked as he walked into the living room "are you home?"

Noah appeared from the kitchen and smiled at him sadistically.

"Oh look who is coming back. Did your friend kick you out because you are a fag? Because I could totally understand that!", his father spat at him looking him right into his eyes.

"No he didn't. And just so you know he is my boyfriend now. Yeah that's right. I am dating a man and there is nothing you can do about that!", Stiles yelled at him.

"So you came here to tell me that?", the sheriff asked as if Stiles' was boring him.

"No", Stiles took a deep breath "I came here to tell you that I don't understand your actions but I...I still love you, dad".

And just then there was a change in the sheriff's face. His smug look passed for a look of terror, self-hate and fear. And suddenly there were tears running down the sheriff's face. He looked Stiles in the eyes and only said two words. Two words that should change everything.

"Help me", he looked pained as he said it and right after it his face morphed back into the mask of hate directed at Stiles. Stiles' face fell as the realization hit him.

"Oh god, it's you", he exclaimed "the demon. It's you".

"Well one hundred points to Gryffindor", the demon said smiling "it was so easy to take over your father when you told him about you being gay. He was so taken by surprise he couldn't really control himself. And his suffering is really worth it. Everytime I hurt you it was really good, it was. But since you have left and he thinks you hate him it's even better".

"You monster!", Stiles yelled "let him go. Leave him alone!"

"Surely I won't", the demon smiled "his pain is so good for me".

"Dad, if you can hear me", Stiles cried "I will help you. I will save you".

"Hahahaha", the demon laughed at him "that's ridiculous. How do you want to save him? You couldn't even fight when I was beating you up".

"Because I wanted to protect him", Stiles spat "I will end you".

"Just try, you little brat", the demon grinned "it will be even better when I get to kill you and he suffers through all of it".

"Dad you need to keep fighting. I am coming back I promise", Stiles walked backwards "I promise I will save you".

"You only make it better. He will suffer more when you fail", the demon laughed "thank you".

"I love you dad", Stiles sobbed then stormed outside right into Derek's arms.

"Stiles are you okay?", Derek asked as he saw him crying "did he hurt you? What did he say?"

"It wasn't my dad, Derek", Stiles cried out.

"What do you mean?", Derek raised a brow.

"It's the demon, Derek", Stiles rushed out "the demon possesses my dad".