Chapter 11 - Test Section

"It is usually the place where we test prototypes and test subjects.", said Oxford. "It is the largest section of the entire facility.", he added.

They heard a short beep as the doors of the elevators slid to the sides. The two men were greeted by loud noises of lasers, engines, weapons, and even voices of the workers. Ray was admiring the area while he left the elevator, following Oxford who is feet ahead of him. They were walking in a wide catwalk, which is being suspended by another catwalk above them. Ray's heart was racing when he was looking around, he saw large spacecrafts that are being held steadily by gigantic robust arms under it. In the distance are tanks that are in maintenance. Those tanks have two turrets, one in front and the other at the back, and each turret have two large railguns.

On their other side are robots, some are human-sized, some are small, the rest are colossal. Each robot has a distinctive design. They were running through obstacles while being observed by a small group of engineers. In the distance are testing areas for weapons, big or small, destructive or not, all are required to be tested.

"How big is this section?", Ray questioned when they entered a glass room that is being suspended by steel bars. Inside the glass room are two chairs, one table, a cabinet and a delivery pod. It is like an interrogation room, but what differentiates it is the way it is built.

"No one knows, you know why?", Oxford opened the glass door for Ray. "Because it never stops expanding.", he added as he closed the door of the glass room.

"So this facility gets bigger and deeper?", Ray questioned.

"Correct, this facility was the first one to have a testing section, that is why this is the largest of the three.", said Oxford as he hand gestured Ray to sit down while he stood next to the delivery pod.

"Do you like science?", Oxford asked a question when he a pod arrived, he opened it and pulled out a white folded paper.

"I don't know.", Ray replied as he watched Oxford walked towards him and took a seat.

Oxford handed the white folded paper to Ray while he also placed the red folder on the table. Ray looked at what it inside, written in it are digits in a justified form, he also noticed that there are only two kinds of numbers, those are one and zero.

"What does it say?", Oxford asked.

"SPOT Facility.", Ray read the numbers in just seconds.

Ray heard Oxford sighed as he leaned closer to him and gently took the paper from Ray's grip. He folded the paper and placed it above the red folder. He pulled out his phone and also placed it on the red folder, he kept both of his eyes at the man wearing a white general uniform. Ray watched the man pulled out a small glass memory card and handed it to him. Ray was confused due to Oxford's current mood and actions. Ray examined the object and noticed that there is a label attached to it. He blinked when he saw a label.

"What does it say?", Oxford questioned the man as he stared at him.

"I don't know.", Ray answered in a low tone.

"Stay here.", said Oxford to Ray before he stood up and left the room without a single word followed.

Ray placed the memory card on the table, near the red folder. He while he was waiting, he rested both of his hands on the table and began to tap his finger on it. He started to look around for cameras that might be recording as he continued to tap his fingers, later he found none. Oxford's phone began to ring and vibrate on the red folder. Ray stared at it until it has stopped after seconds.

Oxford returned to the room and caught Ray sleeping on the table. He woke him up without any hesitation while grabbing the red folder, the phone, and the white folded paper.

"Follow me.", Oxford told the man who was yawning before opening the door for him.

Ray followed Oxford who took the stairs and went down to the area where the robots are being tested. Ray watched the machines move, fight, and even drive vehicles, from land to spacecrafts. Oxford and Ray were greeted by two engineers at the bottom of the stairs. One of them was wearing safety goggles but he took it off before he shook Oxford's and Ray's right hand.

"Ray, this is Ony.", said Oxford to Ray as he pointed the man who is standing in front of him. "He is the head of this testing section.", he added as Ray and Ony shook hands.

"The robot is at fifty percent away from completion.", Ony said to Oxford as he led them to an area where a human-sized robot is standing with wires that are connected from the back of its head to a computer near it. There are also two trolleys near the computer, tools are placed by category on the trolley, which is the nearest, and the second one contains electronic parts, also placed by categories and by functions.

The three men stood in front of the artificial body that is being held up by three arms, two on its hands and one on its neck.

"Your task is simple. This robot is at fifty percent away from completion, they will be handing the rest to you. Try to create your first artificial robot, we are expecting no errors from you.", Oxford instructed Ray while he was pointing at the robot, the trolleys, and the computer.

"Is it possible to remove some electronic parts?", Ray questioned in which made the two men, Oxford and Ony, to raise an eyebrow.

"Yes.", Ony answered since Oxford was confused.