Chapter 38 - Omega

"They're back online.", announced Ray as he leaned away from the desk, stretching his fingers.

"You did it under an hour.", said Ony with a weird look after checking the display. He turned to Oxford and borrowed the small glass memory that they couldn't access it and the gave it to Ray.

"Try to access that.", ordered the man.

"I'll try.", replied Ray.

"I'm guessing that it will be successful.", said Ony, having high hopes that Ray might be able to access it.

"An error occurred .", Ray read the pop-up on the display from the device.

"Of course...", mumbled Ony and letting out a sigh right after.

Ray handed back the device after a few seconds of him trying it again. Ony stared at the unknown label attached to the memory card. Ray was still on the computer, exploring the servers, opening folders and reading files and watching videos. Ony noticed him but he decided to not stop him immediately. Ray continued to dig deeper. He was surprised that he got access to the profiles of every single person, from the beginning of the bronze age to the present. How is this even possible? He then found Oxford's profile. He looked around first and found that Ony and Oxford were distracted, so when he turned back around, he then started to decide if he should open his file or not. He was about to click on the profile when suddenly the alarms went off, which stopped Ray from opening the file. Ony stood up in surprise while also looking around then to Ray who was looking at him, also in surprise.

"I gotta go.", said Oxford to his wife before ending the call. "What happened?", he questioned immediately.

"There's something that is being uploaded to one of these servers.", announced Ray with a loud voice, beating the alarm blaring in the entire facility.

"Check if there's something connected to these servers.", ordered Ony as he slowly moved away and closer to the servers.

"I found something, S-17.", Ray responded to Ony before he ran off to check the specified server.

Ony ran zigzag across the room and stopped in front of the server. He found a USB flash drive inserted into one of its ports, its cooler is white, it looks futurists due to its thickness, and was blinking red. He quickly pulled it out as he gasps for air for a moment. He took a good look at the device, flipped it and found an unknown writing embedded on one of its sides. He kept the device in his right hand as he walked back to the group.

"What did you found?", Ray let out a question.

"This.", Ony handed him the white USB drive while taking a seat. "It has another symbol on its side.", he added.

"Omega.", Ray spoke.

"What?", questioned the two men.

"This symbol stands for omega in greek.", answered Ray, showing them the symbol in its correct position. "Should I check what does it contain?", he asked.

"No.", answered Ony and Oxford together.

Oxford snatched the device from Ray's grip, even though he knew it coming.

"Are the cameras back online?", questioned Oxford.

"Yes.", replied Ray.

"Then our job here is done, I've already informed Chap that we will be going there.", said Oxford while standing up, grabbed the stool and placed it back in the corner of the room before walking out from the server room and the other two men followed. Oxford was always the first one to open the door just for them.

"What was that alarm?", questioned Chap as he was writing something on the glass board.

"Don't worry, it has already been taken care of.", answered Ony when he sat on a metal stool.

Oxford was standing close to his friend who was holding a rectangular steel container.

"This is what you're looking for.", said Chap when he placed the container on the table and opened it with his key card.

Oxford took a peak in what's inside. There is a small glass cube inside, and inside the glass cube is a black gelatine-like which is moving a little. Oxford can't make sure if it is really moving, he needs to take a closer look, he tried to take the cube out but Chap caught him and quickly slapped his hand, dropping the cube inside the container, good thing it didn't shatter.

"Ouch.", said Oxford as he rubbed his right hand for a moment while looking at Chap who just closed the container.

"I thought you know my rules.", said Chap to Oxford.

"I know, sometimes I really just want to violate it.", replied the man wearing a black suit.

Chap took the container and then placed it on the floor, next to his desk. Oxford sat in front of his desk to have a talk with him while Ony was walking around, admiring the types of equipment on the table and in the glass cabinets and the machines. Ray remained sitting on the stool, watching Oxford and Chap talk and Ony strolling around. An hour has passed and finally, Oxford ended their conversation by standing up, told Ony and Chap that they will be heading back home, walked up to Ray and he also stood up. They left the facility in silent even when they arrived back at the penthouse.

"Welcome back.", greeted the robot who jumped from the sofa and approached them with his hands behind his back.

"Hmm.", Oxford replied, taking his suit off.

"I've already made lunch for the two of you.", said Fier while presenting them their food on the kitchen table.